The Olympics

But he canā€™t get his place on the team. Will have to learn to throw it harder

Hm

The rowing pundit on RTE now proving @BruidheanChaorthainn point. He said the coach in Skibbereen could turn a lad from never having rowed to competing at European championships in 2 years

2 Likes

Arenā€™t you of the opinion that coaches from Cork have a tendency to talk through their holes

I see Puspure didnā€™t qualify for the final. Probably for the best and saves a few awkward questions.

Iā€™m going out on a canoe on Sunday so Iā€™ll report back my experiences.

2 Likes

You shouldnā€™t encourage it, heā€™s talking about a 14 year old

1 Like

Such as?

The absolute neckā€¦.

The turn around from 1996 to 2012 for Team GB largely shows that high performance for developed countries is about money and targeting technical sports.

The reason Iā€™d have athletics over rowing is the rowing finals are almost always going to be contested by rich western countries who have money to develop the sport. Athletics is a much wider cross section of the globe.

Thatā€™s not to knock any Olympic gold but I think there is a hierarchy

1 Like

Was there be a big bald guy who was a pundit for the swimming in previous years?

Duncan Goodhew ? BBC

Nick o Hare (good name for a bald lad) RTe

Andrew Bree is back at the helm for the highlights package providing reasonable and telling analysis

1 Like

Earl McCarthy, is he not there this time around?

1 Like

Agreed. GB make no secret of how they targeted soft medals in rowing, the pool and the velodrome. Nothing wrong with it either but when it comes down to it, the Olympics is about track and field.

1 Like

Plus systematic doping tbf

1 Like

I think mountain biking might be one for Ireland to target, if we had the cash. Switzerland won gold, silver and bronze in the ladies event this year. Eurosport said it was the first clean sweep of an event like that in nearly a century but I was watching late at night so maybe I misunderstood.

Anyhow, either the Swiss or doping or else the level of competition isnā€™t that high.

1 Like

We canā€™t talk, even the horses dope here

Thatā€™s the guy :+1: