The Parkrun Thread

Marathon finisher top photo day at St Anneā€™s Parkrun but Iā€™ll be elsewhere in the park at underage GGA training (cc The Daddy Thread).

4 Likes

Today is a big day

4 Likes

A bad morning for it here in the midwest

Savage breeze from the south. Iā€™ve a coaching course shortly and Iā€™m having a good think about what Iā€™ll wear.

Dry in Dublin at the moment. Hopefully the rain holds off until after 10.

Ah that was seriously tough.
I really struggled, about a minute back on last month. The uphill stretch into the wind sucked the life out of me.

4 Likes

Whatā€™s the course?

The Mungret park. Starts on a big downhill and but then a continous up hill drag for the rest of it.

1 Like

Commiserations pal. You really should be taking gels after 1km, 2.25km and 3.5km.

4 Likes

Incredible run this morning

Global Parkrun female record was broken this morning 15:37

https://www.parkrun.org.uk/longeaton/results/304/

1 Like

Was that an organised record breaking attempt? The standard looks unreal

Doubt it, sheā€™s a pro athlete to be fair though

Hardly any cancellations on the mainland, John Bull isnā€™t afraid of a bit of cold and ice

Meanwhile, conditions deemed unsafe in St Anneā€™s Park and weā€™re CANCELLED.

3 Likes

Its Parkrun Oā€™Clock.

A lot of events in the capital called off, Iā€™ll have to head off in the car to find one

1 Like

A load cancelled here too. Some of the paths are ok but car parks and roads around them like ice rinks

Whoā€™s up for it in the morning?

5 Likes

Think Iā€™ll give Marlay Park one a go in the morning alright.

3 Likes

Iā€™m tempted to run it but I wonā€™t race it. Just to sample the Christmas Parkrun spirit and perhaps one of Gillianā€™s mince pies. Will you wear a Santa hat while running?

2 Likes