The Parkrun Thread

Iā€™ll get out the tinsel and wrap it around my head like a gobshite. Iā€™ll be making plenty of shite banter about ā€œmaking roomā€ for the dinner tomorrow and ā€œim dying after a few pints last nightā€ type thing. Hopefully thereā€™s sweets and cake after it

10 Likes

Porterstown park run is christmas eve and Christmas day morning this year. This has fucked off the GOAL mile heads on stephens day who run around the same track. Goal mile is usually dominated by the Brogan extended family showing how close they all are even though Berno wouldnt acknowledge them from one end of the year to another.

10 Likes

Which one will you do buddy?

Swimming mate.

1 Like

What a name

1 Like

I just noticed Limerick is on Christmas day. What a time to be alive

How did you get on this morning?

Festive fireworks in St Anneā€™s when a young visiting speedster went off course and was ran out of the medal positions by a couple of seconds when he would have won. We canā€™t be too critical of Christmas Eve volunteers for chitchatting and missing the leader and chasing group whizzing past. The youngster will no doubt take the learning experience and move on.

I had a nice run after starting in the middle of the pack before picking up my pace in the second half of the race. I finished in 24 minutes but I think Iā€™m in around 21 minute shape on this course with the hill at the end of each lap. I might race it next weekend when we have the New Yearā€™s Eve and New Yearā€™s Day options.

All in all, the Christmas spirit was palpable and it was nice to bump into various friends and acquaintances post race before we retired to Oliveā€™s Room for a well deserved coffee.

Merry Christmas to the Parkrun family.

8 Likes
1 Like

A very pedestrian 23 minutes. I was devoid of festive spirit and energy after well over 10 pints last night. Reeled in a few straglers in the last k. Had a espresso and two solpadene to kick start my morning at 7:45am. Milk tray was on offer, but i gave it pass

6 Likes

Anyone heading for UL in the morning?

Are you en route, pal? I think you can hit something around 18:35 this morning if your mindset is strong and you havenā€™t had a feed of porter last night.

No unfortunately. Iā€™m only up now. I worshipped in a cathedral of porter last night. Looks like Iā€™ll finish up on 46 parkruns this year, only misses was through covid and foreign travel. Iā€™ll settle for a handy 5 miler now, its a little tradition of mine on Christmas day. I need to get the solpadene out first though

4 Likes

First parkrun in 3 years this morning, and my quads are feeling every bit of it. Great way to finish the year

4 Likes

24:55 :scream:
Mother of gawd, I was going backwards today, went to bed at half two, drove the auld lads car in, i was well over the limit

7 Likes

1 extra today, looking at the calendar I could get 50 parkruns this year taking out holidays

1 Like

I swam yesterday with a teacher who had driven in and smelled like a weatherspoons. Heā€™d have melted a breathalizer. I suggested he avoid getting pulled on the way home. He looked like the village wino.
Cycled today in utterly horrific weather.

Rain and wind in the Capital, going to be a wet one

Tough conditions again today

3 Likes

500+ expected in St Anneā€™s this morning. Iā€™m going to jog it as part of a casual 10km. If I leave my house at 9.17, I might even miss the pre-race briefing and jog into the rear as runners have just set off.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve noticed a few people recently doing interval sessions during a park run, or at least thatā€™s what they call it on Strava. Must be fair annoying if youā€™re running amongst them and theyā€™re flying past you and then youā€™re catching them back on the slow section