The Parkrun Thread

It’s also absolutely crucial on Strava to let people who don’t care know when you’re not actually racing a Parkrun.

5 Likes

Exactly. No point doing it otherwise

1 Like

534 the official turnout in a windy but dry and bright St Anne’s. Such a fantastic, life affirming, volunteer-driven, free and healthy community event. Don’t forgot to volunteer in the coming weeks. We can’t have Parkrun without our wonderful volunteers.

3 Likes

Is it not a bit risky missing the pre race briefing?

1 Like

Very much so. I won’t be doing that again after being caught out by some surface water early doors that Robbie surely mentioned in his briefing. Luckily I was travelling quite slowly as I was nestled in behind the big group running and singing to mark Dee’s 250th Parkrun.

2 Likes

What was the occasion for there to be so many there today?

“New year, new me”.

1 Like

Happy enough with the spin around this morning. It’s a very tricky course to maintain a pace and I probably wasn’t as hard on myself as I should have been, but overall happy. It bettered my last run there which was a few weeks after Limerick so I think I’m in a pretty good place for the time of year.

6 Likes

You old dog, did you forget to mention something :dizzy_face:

1 Like

Twas hardly worth mentioning in fairness. The field was like a day trip from the local nursing home :smiley:

Very impressive run today considering that you went hard yesterday
I’m quite frustrated at the moment, just not feeling right at all, everything is too much effort

Sound. I meant to do it a bit slower pace than that, but wasn’t under much pressure either. Not getting out much midweek as under pressure with work, so squeezing a bit into the weekends.

You upped the pace nicely this morning.

1 Like

Just decided to do 10k in 45 to see where I was, but it was way harder than it should have been

1 Like

You’re just older, I’d be the same. Runs are much harder than they were.

Just happened overnight for me though, just never felt right since the Covid around the end of November, Stamina is in the toilet

I’d say you’re a good bit younger than me?

Im not. 47

2 Likes

Thought you were a bit younger :+1:

1 Like

The marathon probably took it’s toll as well

You’re probably right, but I felt I had recovered from that and was ready to go again before Covid hit me

Could be a number of things but that’s my hunch,
Similar happened first time but I think I was over it after this length of time

The desire to push yourself just goes

2 Likes