The Parkrun Thread

100 percent.

Yeah, you fight it, and fight it, and one day you just think fcuk this.
Work is the same.

3 Likes

I haven’t reached that stage yet anyway thank God. I’ll always find a way to be competitive just with myself, I do not think I’d be motivated to do it otherwise, not the solo pursuits anyway.
At the moment I just don’t have it in me

Maybe you just need a break

Possibly, but I shouldn’t, I’m taking things much easier than usual so I should really be quite fresh.
I have a half marathon booked for early April that I’d really like to run well in

2 Likes

I’d happily retire from work and become a stay at home dad, provided my life partner agreed that we still send the boys to crèche.

7 Likes

Creche is the big thing here. Ours were reared by a creche.

Hit my 25 volunteer roles today, purple t-shirt on the way

9 Likes

Up early to get my kit laid out

2 Likes

Robbie Keane was 1st in Navan this morning I’m told.

17:03

6 Likes

Must have been a few quid for the winner

3 Likes

A lad I know was 51 seconds behind in 2nd.

What about the Leeds match at half 12?

2 Likes

That’s the footballer?

Is he living around Navan, he has the course record of 16;20

Looks like he made it. Must have done the run in the Castore tracksuit

1 Like

He certainly did. Those instructions he barked out at 2-1 down proved crucial. Hopefully he plants a tree to offset his global miles CC TSG.

1 Like

The timing and logistics required for this seem bizarre. Assuming it’s the same Robbie Keane. He’d have been through the finish with his barcode scanned no earlier than 9.50. A bit of a chat and shooting the breeze with the locals and off he goes then to somewhere.

I’m fairly sure I saw him pictured in Elland Road in his Leeds gear around 11ish yesterday. So would he have had a private helicopter on standby waiting to shuttle him over?

1 Like

And now it all makes sense!

All except the original post here :grinning: