The Parkrun Thread

What Copper says is factually correct. How we all interpreted it is another story!

2 Likes

Outstanding, I see the arann Islands has one starting out soon

Bit of tourism this morning for a milestone event, should be plenty of cake cc @Spidey

I see Inis Meain is kicking off today too, should be plenty of cake

4 Likes

Congrats mate - hope the T-shirt is runner fit

No kids GAA this morning so might trot around the one at Sports Ireland campus. Itā€™s a right good track - international cross country course.

1 Like

Here we go its Parkrun day

7 Likes

The Parkrun world record went this morning in Edinburgh after a very long time. 13:45

1 Like

Building up for a big one all week, a bad nights sleep has rubbished my mood

3 Likes

2 Likes

Cake and a massive fry aftet waddling around in 45 minutes

2 Likes

Fair play, that canā€™t have been easy :+1:

2 Likes

4 Likes

A lovely park. If ye didnt try to pull a fast one on opposition teams by telling them to park a mile away yeā€™d be almost likeable.

I was motoring along at leisurely 7:30 pace this morning, this young lad overtook me with 1k to go and muttered something, he had all the gear, i didnā€™t like the look of him and decided stalk him and to bide my time for the last 400m, I upped the gears to 5:00 and went past him like a rocket, I could hear him cursing ā€œffsā€ Iā€™m an auld lad now in the 45-49 category, what a feeling, he made a go of it but there was no catching me, take that you British bastard

19 Likes

Fellow parkrunners, is there anywhere on the parkrun site that confirms what locations are having events on St Stephenā€™s Day? Usual Saturday events should be taking place on 23rd but there are often additional Christmas Day &/or Stephenā€™s Day events put on. Iā€™m trying to find one for the 26th without having to click into individual event Facebook pages. Canā€™t find anything on official parkrun site.

I think goal mile have 26th wrapped up?

1 Like

Ah yes, didnā€™t think of that. Although thatā€™s a Christmas Day event out my way in St Anneā€™s. Iā€™ve clicked around & you can go into the volunteer roster section at each location on the Parkrun site & see upcoming event dates. Plenty of additional New Yearā€™s Day runs but havenā€™t found any 25/26 December. Might have to lace up this Saturday instead in my ā‚¬300 aluminous green carbon plated runners to duel with a few aul wans.

4 Likes

Porterstown have wan on the 25th. Iā€™ll high five you on the M50 as I make my way to @Juhniallioā€™s new ladder at High Rock

1 Like

Their Facebook pages probably the best. Gorey doing one on Xmas Day.

The goal miles appear to be incentivising GAA clubs to run them.

1 Like