The Parkrun Thread

https://www.parkrun.ie/special-events/

Here’s a list of Christmas day and NYD events

Wexford on both days

1 Like

Can’t find my reindeer antlers but will give this morning a crack anyway.

Best wishes to all running or volunteering today. Be sure to thank your local volunteers for their efforts this year.

3 Likes

I can’t swim yet, so doing my first parkrun in years with my lass.
Some Godawful racket just started, followed by “Alexa Shut Up”.

3 Likes

Signing in. Completed my first one/wan. Very nice atmosphere and it being so close its a sun that I haven’t been before.

5 Likes

Had a lovely morning. My lass vomited at the end fair play to her. That’s proper running. She really enjoyed it and wants to get fit now.

5 Likes

She caught the Flatty masochism gene so

I was proud of her anyway :slightly_smiling_face:

Well done @Locke, @flattythehurdler & Flatty Jr.

Terrific atmosphere in a mild but very windy St Anne’s. My young lads had great craic with the Christmas fancy dress clad volunteers at the home turn & had a lovely scoot around the park before & after.

Just home now after buying some coffee, bread & jams at various Saturday market stalls. A really wonderful community event & such a positive, supportive, inclusive vibe.

And to top it off, I broke the 21:25 barrier for 5km today too.

12 Likes

Good effort. We just about broke 30 mins,but she’s pleased with herself :four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover:

5 Likes

Ciara Mageean set a new women’s parkrun world record (15:13) in Belfast Victoria this morning, beating the previous mark by 18 seconds. Incredible for parkrunners to be mixing with international class athletes & many will be able to say they took part in the race with her.

8 Likes

Great craic today @Bandage I was able to use the “making room for the turkey” line a few times followed by a guffaw, great banter and craic

3 Likes

I only ever did a parkrun in Cork once (Ballincollig) and I bombed past Sonia O’Sullivan in the closing stages

1 Like

Ah now, was she putting an effort in? Sonja bombed past me cycling down towards the Speckled Door a few years back. Super strong on the bike.

Amazingly she was only the 3rd fastest on the day. Some fierce competition up there.

She was a shade over 20 minutes, that was back in 19, I remember her saying around then with Jarleth Regan that her sub 20 days were probably behind her

Gutting news & Christmas has been ruined.

They’ve assigned me the incorrect time/placing & it’s a good bit below what I posted.

I’ve to wipe away the tears now to go collect the turkey & ham from the butcher’s at the end of the Celtic match.

2 Likes

Think it was 2017 when she cycled with us. She was doing a lot of bike work back then.

You should have gone during the game. Youd have missed little. Another turgid performance.

Some great banter today lads, “my fastest time this year” I said as I crossed the line laughing away to myself

12 Likes

https://twitter.com/skynews/status/1756296907121451241?s=46