The Parkrun Thread

I feel you bro

1 Like

Inspirational.

I just ran the St Anneā€™s Park Parkrun route backwards.

A beautiful morning in the capital.

Edit: I ran the route counter-clockwise, I didnā€™t actually run backwards.

8 Likes

Is there a park run at Lees road

https://www.parkrun.ie/leesroad/

Excellent

Another fabulous morning in the park. I didnā€™t compete as Iā€™m lone parenting today but Rainbow Phil was superb. I spotted former Cork City Marathon champion Cillian Oā€™Leary in attendance with his children. Iā€™ve returned with a chocolate croissant and a mixed berry danish pastry from the Saturday market to eat during Georgia-Ireland. If the young lad lunchtime naps at the later time of 2-4 then this will be a magnificent feat of planning and execution.

3 Likes

Naā€™er an aul hotdog ??

Broke the 28-minute barrier this morning thanks to a steely determination to pass out a 50+ year-old female ex colleague in the last 200 metres.

Straight down to Rainbow Phil then where there was a quieter crowd than usual due to the bad weather and the rubby.

Got a crepe in The Crepe Crypt and also bought some bananas, almond croissants, a pear danish and a coffee.

Another wonderful morning in the park.

12 Likes

Love these updates pal. Am seriously considering a parkrun debut in the coming weeks. Have never competed against adults at a distance under 10km.

1 Like

In saying that, the Dundalk course doesnā€™t seem to have the razzmatazz of the one that @Bandage participates in .

Itā€™s a couple of laps of a walkway around the collegeā€™s pitches and then across the road to the maxol afterwards afaik

1 Like

For fucks sake avoid this scutter at all costs. You have some reasonable traits, donā€™t fall into this makey-uppy bollocksing. Itā€™s as far as Iā€™ve discerned an outlet for glorified perving, as per previous posts and lauding buns and tarts.
Consider the lads investing time in this and coming on here and spouting about itā€¦

Itā€™s not for youā€¦

1 Like

Howā€™s the Jack going pal?

Iā€™ve had 2XLeitrim measures. I appreciate the value but value ainā€™t drinkable. Iā€™ve switched to the old reliable Jemmy for the next hour.

2 Likes

I had a round trip to Tottenham stadium today and missed Dave Gillick ringing in our 4th year anniversary. Heard it was momentous with a haype of pbs image image

1 Like

Weetabix now before plenty of dynamic stretching. The weather and missing marathon runners will have numbers down so make every effort you can to get out this morning.

1 Like

Missed pacer Saturday and the Halloween fancy dress costumes at the weekend as I was at a wedding, but looking forward to getting back to our magnificent park next Saturday morning.

3 Likes

I feel like I have a something very big inside me this morning

3 Likes

Youā€™d have marathon legs on you. Iā€™m going to head out too, feel fresh today

1 Like

1 Like

Looking forward to a splendid Saturday Morning, I think Iā€™ll take in the farmers market afterwards for some organic sourdough