The Perfect Full Irish Breakfast Thread

What is the general consensus of beans with a fry up?

Very much better than without.

I love um.

And a runny egg:clap:

Good to try the local cuisine if you are away so strictly a Spanish holiday thing for me.

Absolutely hate them.

Rudds do excellent rashers. Shaws white pudding is also lovely, not too fond of their black.

The frying pan is a very cruel judge of a rasher Juhniallo. And sure enough Rudds failed the test.

By the way smoked rashers are the only way to go.

Fried.

Sausages - Tesco Finest have a good range of pork and spring onion or else Toulouse. Nice and garlicky. There’s a woman called Jane Russell who makes her own sausages and sells them at Naas farmer’s market and a couple of supermarkets. Her Toulouse one is great too.

Rashers - Some couple called Prue and Simon do a nice rash. Smoked is a preference, needs to be thick.

Pudding - prefer white. Best in town is Rudd’s. They also have a black and white pudding roulade which is lovely but can stick to the pan.

Beans have no place in a fry.

Two eggs. Fried in a separate pan.

Two slices of toast.

YR sauce.

Coffee and orange juice.

OPTIONAL EXTRA - Granby burger.

there’s a blast from the past

[quote=“nlgbbbblth, post: 845627, member: 248”]Fried.

Sausages - Tesco Finest have a good range of pork and spring onion or else Toulouse. Nice and garlicky. There’s a woman called Jane Russell who makes her own sausages and sells them at Naas farmer’s market and a couple of supermarkets. Her Toulouse one is great too.

Rashers - Some couple called Prue and Simon do a nice rash. Smoked is a preference, needs to be thick.

Pudding - prefer white. Best in town is Rudd’s. They also have a black and white pudding roulade which is lovely but can stick to the pan.

Two slices of toast.

YR sauce.

Coffee and orange juice.

OPTIONAL EXTRA - Granby burger.[/quote]

Jaysus. Look what the cat dragged in. An internet legend.

When’s your next compilation out Niggledy Bits you lazy sod?

I’d eat “regular” rashers like Homer ate donuts off the conveyor belt that time he was sentenced to do so in hell, but I wouldn’t let a smoked one near my gob. Awful flavour off them.

Most smoked rashers are fairly rank, most are smoked by injecting smoke flavoured water into bacon. Properly smoked rashers are fantastic. C&M foods in Tulla( the same crowd that make the Bonina pudding that KP is so find of) do excellent smoked rashers.

Athea black pudding is fantastic. Used to get an excellent white pudding from a butchers in cork, just outside the English Market, can’t remember the name, they also have a shop in the Wilton shopping centre. Pudding was slightly spicy but seriously tasty.

[quote=“nlgbbbblth, post: 845627, member: 248”]Fried.

Two slices of toast.

YR sauce.

Coffee and orange juice.

OPTIONAL EXTRA - Granby burger.[/quote]

Nice (apart from the coffee). How are you nlgbbbblth old pal?

[quote=“farmerinthecity, post: 845482, member: 24”][USER=706]

True that. I would check things like that in supermarkets and I was amazed to find less pork content in Clonakilty than Galtee, yet it was twice the price.[/user][/quote]
During the pork scare clon pudding stayed on the shelves so no irish pork content in it

Chewy, I always do baked beans with the fry up, once everything is finished frying, just throw the beans into the hot pan, they sizzle, but soak up all the oily goodness of what went before, especially black pudding.

christ man…

Is that beans in a frying pan?