The Perfect Full Irish Breakfast Thread

Fucking hell Fitzy. I’m a big fan of beans but that is all kinds of wrong.

wrong but willing to give it a try!

a fried banana in the pan after cooking everything is the bomb, compliments the fry up no end.

nicest black pudding i have ever ate is from a butchers in Kanturk, dealy stuff, i’d say they will be plenty of fry ups in Kanturt today!

thoughts on a George Foreman grill?

Saturday fry-up requires two pans and george - one for the eggs (at 2/3rds heat), one for rashers/sausages and george for the pudding and some of the sausages. Some fried potato pieces are excellent if you have a few boilers left over. Mushrooms are also good. Brown sauce.

[quote=“ciarancareyshurlingarmy, post: 845874, member: 464”]thoughts on a George Foreman grill?

Saturday fry-up requires two pans and george - one for the eggs (at 2/3rds heat), one for rashers/sausages and george for the pudding and some of the sausages. Some fried potato pieces are excellent if you have a few boilers left over. Mushrooms are also good. Brown sauce.[/quote]
I bought an exceedingly large and very good pan in the Arnotts sale last year that caters for all my frying needs.

Tell us more

I like to brown by sausages in the pan and then pop them in the oven with a bit of seasoning and onions for 5 or 6 minutes. I find it makes a great job of them, especially if it is a thick/big sausage

[quote=“ciarancareyshurlingarmy, post: 845874, member: 464”]thoughts on a George Foreman grill?

Saturday fry-up requires two pans and george - one for the eggs (at 2/3rds heat), one for rashers/sausages and george for the pudding and some of the sausages. Some fried potato pieces are excellent if you have a few boilers left over. Mushrooms are also good. Brown sauce.[/quote]

Potato cakes…mmmmmmm

I also much prefer a poached egg to scrambled eggs

Key question - how do you poach it?

Not an irish breakfast essential but made homemade hash browns recently. Grated onion and potato, some cheddar, dijon, seasoning, and egg, shape them up with a bit of flour and fry them off. Fuckin delish.

Scrambling ruins the eggs for a fry, you need the runny yolk. Fried is staple but poached is best.

Is the pork content of black pudding such a big deal? I’ve seen a few posters champion Rudd’s on here, I had a look at the pork content in it this morning and it’s only 13%.

I thought it was supposed to be more blood than pork?

We were discussing the pork content of clonakilty sausages, not their pudding.

Of course it is Julio, which is why its so gooooooooooood.

[ATTACH=full]870[/ATTACH] [quote=“ciarancareyshurlingarmy, post: 845880, member: 464”]Tell us more[/quote]
This little beauty.

I’d say Clonakilty are just leveraging off their black pudding brand with the sausages. I doubt they even make them, probably just put their labels on some mass produced shite that are sold as Tesco or Dunnes own brand aswell. Of course only a fool would fall for that.

But @carryharry says those sausages are excellent.