The Pretend Fitness 2 - the Turkish Get Up Thread

you thick cunt.

they’re portable and cheap and you can play it anywhere.

Calm the goolies

Strange time to resort to an insult. A table tennis table is 9 foot long and 5 foot wide. Would it fit in a room in your house with also all the space needed around it for the person playing to move?

yer man was talking about not being an olympian because of the infrastructure. I’d say you need 20 x 10 to play it

has this turned in to mumsnet? He was being a thick cunt

Yes, you haven’t disproven that point in any way

Ah there isn’t many fellas would have spare space in their house for a full size table tennis set up… Twud be like playing pool in the local… I’d tuck you into a regular corner where I’d know you don’t have full rotation :grin:

Leave my pal alone mate.

1 Like

who’s talking about table tennis at home? you thick cunt

can you only be an Olympian if you’re able to play the sport at home?

there’s a good raft of clubs around the place, if you were so inclined

Eh the lad you are arguing with

1 Like

are you on heavy meds or something?

Wot

There’s 57 clubs on the whole island according to that mate, none in the whole south east or Limerick or Clare

it’s a niche sport. the infrastructure is there if you want to be an Olympian

If you happen to live in very specific places on the island. It’s the same anywhere in fairness bar maybe China but I do think more sports should be pushed over here

A couple of bats and a ball? You loon. You need an oul one with a bucket of balls and she firing them at You non stop from the age of 2.
Lads expecting to compete internationally off the back of a few games of winner stays on in the local youth club.

4 Likes

When I was a young fella we had a table in our primary school classroom, 3rd, 4th and 6th, it was the teachers own table, so we had a head start for secondary school where table tennis was a big deal.
We had a school team which was great craic, because boys could play against girls, initially we were second tier which involved games against the Ursulines and :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:St Angela’s (we went on the number 2 bus, a load of lads from the Nagle turning up on Patrick’s Hill​:grinning:) and a few community schools.
Anyway we won that league and got promoted to the top tier, Jesus what a shock, Midleton, Deerpark and especially Rochestown we’re playing a different game completely, RoCo had an Irish international whose name escapes me now, he went on to be Irish champion multiple times, I wasn’t used to the type of spin he was putting on the ball and he disguised it so well that I couldn’t see it before I returned, his name is annoying me now.
Anyway Rochestown used to be a hot bed of ping pong, they probably have a few old tables up in the college. But it’s a game that takes the 10000 hours alright I’d say.
I’m a ref for special Olympics Table tennis, there’s some brilliant players, there’s a lad from Dublin with Down’s syndrome, his parents are both heavily involved in TT, he would hammer the shit out of everybody here, guaranteed (unless we have a genuine player on our ranks)
Great game though, I’d love a table in my house but you need as much room as you would for a full size snooker table or you’d never get good

11 Likes

This is a grand little discussion I’ve generated here.

1 Like

How you doing that? I suspect I have it.