The Pretend Fitness 2 - the Turkish Get Up Thread

Have fairly chronic alignment/rotation issues, I’d say it could be a help. How frequently do you need to take classes to see benefit? Is it more than a once a week job?

He’s only after taking his first class :man_shrugging:t2:, @TheUlteriorMotive is probably the man to ask

I’ve similiar issues lately and was thinking this would be the way to go, a mate the same go as me is after getting a hip replacement :flushed:

2 Likes

The auld wans might have filled him in.

Whole different hip/pelvis ballgame there

You finished that off beautifully.

1 Like

My experience of it is it’s tough enough starting out at it as the movements and muscles are not ones you tend to use and so going twice a week is really helpful to build
up and get used to it.

It’s expensive but the one I go to has unlimited monthly class offers in July and December

If you did 20 classes over two months you’ll be moving a lot better than before

1 Like

Thanks. Money well spent if it does the job.

1 Like

The body is definitely feeling it yesterday and today which I suppose is a good sign.

Which one did you use? I was down in Platinum Pilates in Stillorgan.

1 Like

Yeah I go to platinum Pilates - Glenageary mainly but have been in Stillorgan and Clonskeagh too.

It’s very good and the teachers all do slightly different classes. Look out for the unlimited class offer in the summer and you can go at it.

I go through phases of going regularly and then I’ll drop off a bit. Must go back now.

Make sure you set up machine fpr your height - ask the teacher about that - they tend to be set for women who are a bit shorter usually - it’s just a question of sliding the bar

1 Like

Pilates on a machine? Talk me through that please.

The hot wimin hit the gym at 6.30am … Unreal.

It’s a machine you can sit, lie or stand on and uses different springs for resistance - sometimes the resistance is your friend and sometimes your enemy

1 Like

Looks like something you’d find in s German basement.

When were you in a German’s basement?

It’s not cheap, but she was worth it.

4 Likes

I tried to see if it’s available up here. A woman runs classes but you can only do one-to-one. €55 an hour :open_mouth:

I paid considerably more than that cc @Thomas_Brady

I swear by reformer Pilates. It’s fucking brilliant. You’ll feel your posture and breathing improve out of sight after only half a dozen lessons.

Anyone with lower back problems, it’s a massive help in sorting that

(Don’t do the matt Pilates tho, not worth a wank in comparison)

4 Likes

If you have a pal.or two, they’ll often let yoi share the cost. It’s the machines are actually really costly and then you’ve obviously insurance and building rental. If your one only has one machine, ask her will she split the class between two of ye- 1 floor and 1 reformer, splitting the time between ye.

Sidenote but my ma was going to it after I’d recommended it years ago and the girl there was struggling to expand beyond one machine. The ma bought her the machines as a loan in return for classes. Your one is killing it now.

6 Likes

Fair play to your Mam.
Hope she got her money’s worth out of it