The Pretend Fitness 2 - the Turkish Get Up Thread

Putting up a cycle using miles. Ffs man, cop on.

Yeah…my lower triceps were absolutely fucked after it.

And fucking feet.

1 Like

@Thomas_Brady

https://twitter.com/ihartitz/status/1272548880824098816?s=21

Da fuq ?? :astonished:

Cc @Thomas_Brady

2 Likes

@Thomas_Brady were you looking for kettle bells a few weeks ago? There’s a load on done deal in limerick atm

https://www.donedeal.ie/gymequipment?area=Cork&area=Limerick

You’re a bad bastard … you’ve seen my back in fucked and now you are taunting me.

:joy: help build up strength

In honour of it being Independence Day it felt right to incorporate these into a workout this morning

cc @Thomas_Brady

I had a 7:30 run scheduled with my neighbour for this morning, but I slept through until 7:22am. I think this system of hopping out of bed, getting changed and getting running straight away actually works well. Not sure if I could go much beyond the hour though without fuel

Ona school morning I’m usually out the door in less than 5 minutes.

My quads are on fire today after a lot of climbing yesterday

1 Like

For some reason I like that sensation of stiff/sore quads after hitting a mountain. It’ll pass soon enough but it just feels like a bit of work has been done

1 Like

Did a very wet trail and mountain loop this morning, following the French lad. Fuck me but my legs are absolutely cut asunder from all the briars we encountered on the second km.

4 Likes

There’s a big difference in times between using your Garmin watch and downloading the times and using Strava direct on your phone. I gained I’d say 35 seconds a km yesterday using the phone.

Sufficient to say I’ll be using my phone from now on!!

The phone gps is very unreliable

I got a new Garmin watch recently, this is one of a number of cool features, it’s pretty close to what I’d expect

2 Likes

What data is it predicting off?

Nice machine.

I must say the Garmin multisport thing I bought five years ago was a great purchase. Still going strong and has been used for all cycles and runs in that period

I don’t actually know, I assume it’s some mix of speed of my runs versus heart rate, I’ve only had it about three weeks and haven’t done a fast run in that time, but those times are quite close to what I’d expect to do, in each case I think I could go a very little bit faster

1 Like

I’m buying either myself or the French lad a fucking compass for Christmas. He was showing me a ‘new trail’ which in one km ended up in bushwhacking through terrain that has only seen sheep in the last year and crossing about four streams.

2 Likes