The Pretend Fitness Thread

Ya, i thought that a little tough for a man trying to get back fit, and drop a few pounds.

Light jogging for 20 mins every 2nd night for a few weeks is a great start if your new/long time out of exercise.

Body weight exercises when you get home will burn for you as well, squats, crunches, modified push ups etc. Just a little short 10 min circuit.

I am broke up after training tonight.
Seriously tough session.

Me too, played my 5th match in 11 days tonight, didn’t enjoy it at all, taking a few days off.

pack it in kev…you’re not able for it…

My foot is sore from kicking the ball. I don’t think I ever kicked as much ball in my life.

which works out around a normal football match every 3 days- there is also less running involved

big fuckin deal

Any of them go over?

My kicking has actually improved immensely in the last couple of months.
People are being to wonder what going on. I reckon I might even score in the next match.

Nah, your wrong, your average Gaelic footballer from numbers 5-12 cover between 8 & 10k a game, around the same as a midfielder in soccer gets through. Only difference is the Gaelic football does more sprinting and medium running, alot of the soccer players movement would be trotting or walking.

Anyway, i don’t think its a big deal physically, in fact its not at all as i’m so fit, but its mentally its draining.

But you’d know that anyway from your Sigerson days, although i doubt Maynooth ever played more than one game when you were there.

wrong- ive proved before a LOI player is way fitter than a gga player- IT tralee did a report- arent you playing jumior football- cant be that fucking draining

so?

on the topic kev…do you think the less talented players who find it hard to think instinctively on the pitch have ruined the game as a sport and a spectacle by using their fitness to compensate for lack of natural ability?..the lack of basic skills in the game nowadays
is sad to see…

I’d find on average the football would take more out of me than the soccer, but if the soccer match was particularly tough then there wouldn’t be much between them and I’d tend to feel the soccer match in my legs longer than after a very tough football game.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

ah kev FFS,
you’re playing Junior B Hurling in Muskerry that may as well be in fucking kerry ( the standard would be similar anyway), living at home with your mother at 37 and you’re on the fucking dole for the last 5 years. its no wonder that you find plodding around a pitch in Gouganbarra or some shithole once a week with 30 other overweight dullards mentally draining.
your average AUL 3B player would be a lot fitter than you id say.

True maybe, one sport has to go next year anyway, thats for sure.

Scumpot - You could be right about that alright to an extent, but the other way of looking at it is that the game was slower back along, and players had more time to think.

Mickee - What are you on about? I don’t play Junior B hurling, and its not in Muskerry either. You seem to be very concerned about me recently though. More of this KIB 2+2 stuff getting 11. The fact that Cobh go out in the 1st round of everything every year would also indicate that you’ve never had to deal with a build up of games. Bluffer.
:rolleyes:

Don’t give it up caoimhaoin, least till the doctor tell you the leg is going to fall off

You cant compare soccer players fitness to GAA players fitness jaysus hurling and football are different, soccer players will not take the hits a GAA players takes, most club players are as fit as any leinster senior league players sure what League of Ireland players was ever on superstars

stick to the facts fuckhead - its been proven LOI players are way fitter than intercounty players

who proved it ?
when?
Was the LOI full time at that stage

me
6 months ago
no