The Pretend Fitness Thread

@Crutches all day long

1 Like

Thanks mate

1 Like

I doubt there is many long distance runners that can squat 130kg either, I can run any distance, any time and any place

3 Likes

You’re like the invisible man, as soon as your name is mentioned you pop up straight away and not to be seen then until you’re mentioned again.

1 Like

4 miles run, 32:16. Happy with that

1 Like

brah,

may i ask what time of the day do you get to do cyclin g and running?

Hey there, pal. Evening times mostly. This evening was an organised race in East Cork. Cycling training usually with TdeM. Better off having something to do and people to do it with.

1 Like

Great question. I’m planning on doing a 24:30 5km run at 5.50am but early starts can be very tiring. I sometimes run in the evening but then you risk seeing tag rugby football training in the park.

2 Likes

Did my first brick training session tonight. Legs like jelly even though I took it handy.

Swimming is still shocking but have my first Try a Tri on Sunday (pool swim) and looking fwd to it.

Brick training?

Hard cycle for 8 minutes then run for 4 minutes or so.

Repeat for an hour. Gets you used to transitions so your legs don’t turn to jelly.

or do?

1 Like

Is that the one in UL?

It is not.

I was slightly above 5 min/km pace (or lack of) this morning, guys. Fuck it anyway.

1 Like

Getting out for a walk first thing is a great way to start the day, mate. Well done.

10 Likes

I’m sure it’s not much of a treat for them either :ronnyroar:

3 Likes

I have savage responsibility today at Parkrun. Finish token coordinator. The pressure is unreal I’m feeling at the moment

7 Likes

You’ve earned that pressure. You’ll wear it with pride and deliver accordingly.

Would you not try running a tiny bit faster?