The Pretend Fitness Thread

I see. 3:30 would be very respectable. Let’s just wish for a sound return as a start, and a few photos of The Mall.

Medal and Garmin pic required too.

About half 6

Yeah I was surprised by that. Wanted to switch from the barbell for a while, to rest my lower back and just to train a different movement. But I thought initially that the trap bar was too leg dominant. Turns out that’s not the case at all. You’re right, the positioning makes the difference. Much easier to ensure your form doesn’t slip on the decline as well.

1 Like

I’m too emotional at the moment lads

15 Likes

A lot of pretend stairs climbed today

1 Like

I received medical attention on the course today but by God Tassotti finished

3 Likes

The yoke he dropped at mile 20 will start to wear off soon

1 Like

Probably dropped into Kensington Palace for a cuppa with Wills and Kate.

1 Like

When are we gettting the full mile-by-mile report @Tassotti? Looking forward to hearing all about it

Second that. Splits, the sights and sounds, the wall. Details mate.

@caoimhaoin

Is Noel on the ball or talking through his hoop here would you say?

Anyone here ever run the Limerick marathon. I think I’ll do it Sunday. I’m the type who can just show up on the day such is my level of fitness

2 Likes

Imagine crossing over the Shannon Bridge, heading into the last few miles, teeth gritted, wind blowing you back, and then there’s little Fintan at the Jurys roundabout roaring you on, “you can do it Dad, go on”. You’d give one look at the Kenyan lad beside you, fire him off the bridge and then bound down Henry St like a lunatic.

1 Like

If he was coming over Shannon Bridge, he’d be gone significantly off course.

Facts have no place on this thread.

5 Likes

@Declan_Moffat

1 Like

What has happened to Declan?

I’ll probably win the fucking thing

1 Like

Huh?