The Pretend Fitness Thread

Declan Moffat, Glennamaddy, the besht of luck.

1 Like

I hope @Tassotti brought back oranges from London for his family.

1 Like

Ah he would, he’d be good like that.

I’d say he has a ferocious sexual energy, but not rolled up in any charm.

Absolutely on the ball.

Its gone to the stage now where i have a training app for people and on days they are not with me (some are never with me) i will program walks, beach jogs, hill walking, light cycling etc.

A high-low approach works well for most people. Moderate to hard training for 30-60 mins 2-3 times a week and then low to moderate the rest. You have to educate them and actually tell people to do ordinary stuff like that.

3 Likes

My ten year old just did the Limerick 6 mile in 72 minutes, would she give @Bandage a run for his money?

5 Likes

No. She’d destroy him.

3 Likes

A bit of a horror show on my first marathon. It all went a bit pear shaped from 24-33km, and my ambitions for a good time plummeted. Seriously plummeted. Went out way too fast thinking I could hold it as training had gone well the last few weeks but suffered like hell and was in a dark place. Told myself to cop on and got to the end of it. Met the Mrs on O Callaghan strand after mile 21. Took a gel and ate half a snickers I had for after the race and walked with her for 500m. Then I jogged the whole way back.

Coming in the Ennis Road, I saw a young lad doing the six mile wheelchair bike race. There’s some fucking perspective.
4hours20. Embarrassing but glad I did it. A lot of lessons learned and live to fight
Another day.

25 Likes

Well done mate - you finished it and didnt shit your togs. That’s winning.

Well done mate, great achievement :clap:

1 Like

Thanks chap. I seriously considered heading home at Punches cross, about 31km in. Horrors.

Thanks pal and well done to your kid on flying around.

Sounds a bit mental diatance for a ten year old

Well done chief. As you said, lessons learned

1 Like

+1. Very embarrassing. Hard luck, mate.

3 Likes

FOAD

1 Like

FFS sake. You may as well be telling yourself to FOAD - I merely agreed with your post.

I said embarrassing. You upgraded it to very embarrassing, rubbing salt in the wounds. Apologies, am still a tad pissed off

6m, I wouldn’t have thought so. She was with her mother and has shown no ill effects, this is her fourth 10k or thereabouts.

You had the guts to start and the will to finish. Very well done. Nothing wrong with 4:20 on your first time out. Marathons are fucking savage and need to be treated with respect. Where you fuelling throughout? You need to be getting the gels in after half an hour

Gels = peds