The Pretend Fitness Thread

Yeah, three of us trained together and had the wives dotted around the course with our gels. I knew going out that the gap between gel 2 & 3 might be too long. I’d actually got a little dizzy at that stage and was starving. I also downed a bottle of that horrid lucozade sport. At gel point 4, I grabbed two gels and popped the last one (a caffeine one) with 3km to go to get me home

How was your protein intake pre-race?

It’s actually unbelievable what you done. Some prick who wouldn’t run a bath then giving you stick. You couldn’t actually make it up

2 Likes

He’d run away from a bath the scaldy fuck. Fair play @caulifloweredneanderthal

2 Likes

Was delighted to give that the crucial 10th like pal.

Some of the admin on here owe you an apology.

Did you know you have only 34 minutes to get a protein shake into you after a heavy work out to maximise the benefits, so your body can break down the molecular structure of the shake to the maximum

1 Like

@caulifloweredneanderthal this lad ran 2.54 in Belfast at the weekend in a 3 piece suit!

1 Like

Was reading about him the other day. Sounds like an animal. He beat the world record by 4 minutes.

Apparently he didn’t even loosen the tie going round

Nike are putting on a gimmick on Saturday, sub 2 hour marathon attempt, Kipchoge leading it

Ah he’s a savage runner. Has done 2.17

Kipchoge is on for sub 2, 17 minutes to go!

this is going to be very close!

last lap 2:00:19 predicted finish

2:00:25

some effort

1 Like

unofficial world record by well over 2minutes , jesus I am going to go out and smash this parkrun

Well done medical science. And well done Nike marketing.

he still had to go out and do it, it was unreal, typical Oirish attitude there, always looking for the negatives

The book ‘Two Hours’ by Ed Caeser is a superb read for those interested in marathon running, this was obviously an extraordinary run but Nike would be better leaving this record to go naturally.

From a fella I know who’s mad for running.

I suspect there will be a lot of cheerleading for the Sub 2hr marathon attempt this weekend. Conditions look good and I believe one of them will “Just do it”.
However, before you get dazzeled to buy Nike’s new trainers and to “believe”, ponder these stats.

1. The 10k pace required to run sub 2hrs is 28:26. In all the marathons ever run there has only ever been one 10k split faster than that. It was 28:24 and it was from 30-40km in the Boston marathon run by Mutai and Mosop. Both of those guys are Kenyan, both prodigies reign from the famous rift valley and (Yes, you guessed it) both trained at the training camp where a Doctor will give you 2 days notice of a drug test for a mere £10,000. Over 30 positive tests from this camp in the last 5 years, the most recent is Sumgong the current female Olympic marathon champion.

2. The 5k pace required is 14:13. A 14:14 5k split has only happened 10 times in the fastest 90 marathons ever run. That is 10 in a total of 720 individual splits over 90 marathons. They’ll need 8 (faster) 5k splits in one race this weekend.

The WR pace per mile by Kimetto (Kenyan) is 4:41. A sub 2hr marathon requires 4:34.

Now you have some stats you can choose to “believe” or not.

1 Like