The Pretend Fitness Thread

anything is possible, the barrier is psychological more than anything, sure it took 5000 years to break 4 minutes for the mile

You’re barely imaginary back home from Darkness into Light and you’re imaginary off to Park Run. Inspirational. :clap:

3 Likes

He failed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vg9mmbnLd44

Blandage smashing his 5k this morning

1 Like

How can @Bandage break the 25 minute barrier with the swamp dweller hanging out of his hole?

1 Like

You must have the lowest quip to humour ratio in the history of TFK

3 Likes

its my favourite time of the week

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSuHrTfcikU

There’s a bit of me thinking let them have whatever drugs they want. See how fast they go.

Cc: @ciarancareyshurlingarmy . Very well run event probably the best one around. Fair play to the club.

3 Likes

I missed you going by. Twice.

Was stewarding the entrance for the playground and college

Next event is two night gig in august.
Nathan brings his wagon wheel on a Friday night.
The stunning and hothouse flowers on the Saturday night.

Didn’t spot you myself. There was serious heat there and the draw up past the Regional with the wind in the face was a fair tough pull. Not that steep an incline. Just a constant pull. Must have been a decent crowd between the 10k and 6k . Very well marshaled.

Back on the bike the last week after a 7 week break. Did the 120km Tour de Lough Derg this morning, clocking a steady 30.6km/hr average. Grand day for it and nice route.

3 Likes

Just under 600 participants

The pull from crescent to chruch is long. Used hate that run when doing the early season stuff.

That’s good ridin’ . must have had a decent group to tip along at that average.

Ah yeah we held onto the front group of the “intermediates” but ''twas hard enough going. Lads we’re dropping off a lot on the second half which is rougher road and a good few dips. The control car left us at Nenagh and ''twas every man for himself to top of Portroe hill, about 110km in. Was surprised my legs still had a nice bit in them for the climb and eased past a heap of lads. Waited up at top of hill (avg was about 31+ at that stage) for others from our club to come in and used last stretch as cool down. 30 went out in the “racing group” but I think only 15 managed to hold on in that one, averaging about 35-36km for the route

1 Like

Burren half marathon tomorrow. There will be a Carl Froch lookalike running around mullaghmore

Cc @KinvarasPassion

2 Likes

Lovely family occasion. Nice opportunity for your father and young Fintan to spend some time together too.

Monks will be hoping tomorrow evening.

1 Like

Post up some post race pictures and details, mate. That will be a tough slog I’d say.

You’re a week early pal, it’s on the 27th. Did it last year. Great event.

5 Likes