The Pretend Fitness Thread

Poor old Fintan.

:grinning: :runner:

His pretend father was caught telling lies about pretending to run a half marathon…

cc @Bandage

you need to get your facts straight mate, http://www.eamonmoloney10k.ie/half-thru-the-heart

I’m off to bed now, records to be broken in the morning

That’s gotta hit a young fella hard, he’ll be a laughing stock in Flannan’s now.

I never doubted you for a second mate, this is a huge relief. :relaxed:

1 Like

he really should leave it to the experts, young Fintan is going to see Daddy bring home the bacon tomorrow and do something extraordinary, daddy is going to make him proud

Thats a savage route. You’ll do well to hold in all the emotion as you trample your native paths.

1 Like

concentration levels will be at the maximum, I will repeat to myself what Scott Jurek says when the shit hits the fan and the lungs are burning “this is what i came for” repeat it like a mantra

1 Like

Fintan will be easily spotted with the curls beautifully brushed back into a nice ponytail and he bursting with pride at the finish line, feckit I’d pay good money to be there. :disappointed_relieved:

2 Likes

Delighted young fintan will see you this weekend and not the 6 months or so you said a few weeks back. The young fella must be beside himself with joy!

Fintan will get Savage pride in seeing his auld lad stride across the burren like a colllasus

Nice one pal. I was on about the Burren challenge which runs next weekend:

You must be at the start line now so best of luck

twas savage, Brutal hills. I was very happy to come under 1:50, but it wasn’t about that, I found myself again. In rockforest I thought to myself “Tassotti, this is like a scene from game of thrones” I connected with the surroundings in a way I haven’t for years, I experienced a moment of clarity at one stage, that moment of clarity I have been striving for, I actually stopped and picked up a rock and looked at it under a whitethorn, the breeze bristling through the leaves, staring intently, some lad passed and must have thought I was a nutcase, I got the headphones on for the last four miles and had Justin Timberlake “can’t stop the feeling” as I passed Fr Teds house, I roared in a primeval way, absolutely savage, unreal, then i was repeating the mantra, “this is what I came for, this is why I am here” . There was a farmer handing out cups of water from a creamery can then with 2 miles to go, that is Ireland, that is real humanity so it is. I capped off the day with 9 pints of Guinness, in many ways it was the perfect day

13 Likes

You are an inspiration buddy

I can imagine the scent of the whitethorn as you’re gasping for air. Must have been surreal… The quality of the air up there is some thing savage, the lichen on the bushes can only survive in such quality.

Some ugly hills. You must have slept like a small baby after that feed of Guinness.

I was struggling for air, but yet I was alive under that whitethorn.

That’s savage - I’m gonna print that off and save it for my own half marathon later in the year.

A half marathon isn’t a proper race

I’m not racing.