The Pretend Fitness Thread

Started Pilates a few weeks ago on those reformer machines. About six classes in. Only at Level 1.

It is incredible. My mind and abs feel stronger each time.

1 Like

I’ve always had you down as a bloke but there you go…

3 Likes

Costly with the machines?

Did my second run last night, 6k again - shaved 3 mins off and i’m not far off the 25 min mark now… i’ll do that mark for a few more weeks and then look to up it as August comes along with the half in September.

What’s your route, mate?

I know that the first km for me is downhill before I either go left or right at the bottom of the hill so that ups my average. I stop the clock when facing the hill back up while logging it as a ‘warm down’. I just don’t want to bring my average down…

Head up towards Moneygourney then back down by the golf club, that’s a good training run

13 euro a class but can you put a price on mobility and core strength. Machines are about 6k a pop to buy.

2 Likes

That’s quite narrow minded pal.

Unreal

I’ll be going that route when I up it as I need hills…at the moment I’m going down Coach hill and down the line and back…nice handy route to get me going again.

1 Like

Go back and play a bit of astro pal…once you’re not crippled.

I hadnt played for 2 months till last night due to injury…was over in Parteen last night…was in bits with the heat but it was a start.

Started last week… Played tonight also… some dead heat there.

1 Like

I was supposed to play this evening as well in summerville but didnt have the numbers.

Great to get back into it yesterday evening though…heat was unreal.

I’m going to try and play twice a week from now on…I dont have the patience for running the roads.

2 Likes

Lots of twisting and turning…space the nights out.

Bigtime…I half dreaded going back but it clears the head like nothing else.

Lads I need to buy a new pair of runners for the gym. Also considering doing a few park runs over the summer. Anything reasonably priced that would do the trick or is it a case of it being best to spend top dollar. Any good alternatives to asics for the running?

Adidas boost

All depends whether you are neutral or over pronate, if you are neutral you can by run of the mill running shoes for a more reasonable price usually. Saucony do a decent range as do New Balance.

himalayan pink salt is a game changer lads

cc @KinvarasPassion

Kildare outlets

Legs bit achy still after Clontarh half marathon yesterday.
Knocked 2 and a half minutes off my rather modest best time for half marathon.
Lovely views when running along the beach.
Full marathon training starts now

3 Likes