The Pretend Fitness Thread

What marathon are you aiming for ralphie?

Sounds like a real one mate, not your field of expertise.

6 Likes

Oooft

Dublin City. I’m having nightmares about the steady climb up through the Phoenix Park already.

It’s not too bad. Robeck?Road at 23 is the game changer

1 Like

I was told I had a lovely stride pattern this morning at Parkrun

Did a savage circuit workout last night. 3 stations with 4 different exercises x 3 times x 10 reps for each = 1080 reps.

Did 20 x 20 meters in the pool afterwards in blocks of 4 with a 30 second rest in between.

23km run boxed off today, longest distance I’ve ever done.
Legs feeling it now.

4 Likes

Is it good for mobility yeah? My hips are in shite. My own fault for not stretching more really, it’s falls by the wayside when you’re knackered after the gym. I just signed up for an offer on hot yoga classes for 6 classes in Dublin city bikram yoga.

1 Like

I’ve signed up for the yoga €40 for 6 classes

Where? I’ve done a few yoga courses before, it does help ease things out. Prob never did enough of it to get the full benefits.

1 Like

the Boyne valley hotel bud

Pretend supplements.

260 odd kms last week. 5th 200km week in a row. Feckin buzzin on the bike these days. If I could push back from the table I could be a real contender

1 Like

Definitely helps with mobility and posture. My flexibility and mobility is awful which is part of reason I started it. Lots of hip work - internal and external rotations using the resistance of the reformer machine . Focus on the core and keeping pelvis aligned. It is tough You work hard enough in the class. A great complement to any weights or cardio I think.

Classes are 90 percent women when I go.

I’m looking forward to crossing swords with forum pillar @Bandage in the Grant Thornton 5k Corporate Challenge around Dublins affluent and important business quarter of the Docklands Wednesday evening. I know he’ll give it his all to get over the line in less than 25 minutes. The fact that there is no traffic and closed roads with his intimate knowledge of the area will see him posting his PB on the night.

#fitness
#PB
#business

:astonished: Grant Thornton have interesting team building exercises

2 Likes

I was just reading about this earlier. The entry fee is 120 quid. How the fuck do they get away with charging something like that for a fun run? They mention 10% goes to charity but sounds like they’re creaming the fuck out of this.

The [quote=“Mac, post:7911, topic:2481”]
The entry fee is 120 quid
[/quote]

€24 a km.

If @Bandage makes the elusive 25 minute mark, it’ll be €4.80 a minute

Let’s not get too far ahead of ourselves here now. Yes it’s set up for him and the best chance our e-friend will ever have to break the 25min mark but, this is @Bandage we’re talking about here…