The Pretend Fitness Thread

He’s going to get value for money and stay out there for 30 minutes (€4 per minute). Typical accountant

1 Like

5:02p/km pace this evening but my legs are fair sore now. Felt fine for a finish but bad enough stitch halfway through didn’t help. No sign of the big man :disappointed_relieved:

cc @Bandage

We need all split times for this event quoted in euros per minute @Locke
Ps I put a small few quid into your cause under a pseudonym that shouldn’t be too hard to figure out, just so you know I matched your end of the bargain.
I do greatly enjoy your avatar however. It suits you.

Just running some calculations in excel and I think you failed to go sub-25 minutes. Please confirm.

Sounds like a nice walk. What time did you do the run in?

1 Like

Thanks @flattythehurdler

Here are my splits below. You can make out that I was comin like a train, Ger, in the last KM so if the full 5km was logged I’m happy that I would have dipped under the 25 min mark.

cc @Bandage @mac @caulifloweredneanderthal

UPDATE

I’ve checked the Grant Thornton website and race results and this tells me that I completed 5km in a time of 24:27 at a pace of 04:53. For any non-believers of this information please PM me and I’ll give you my race number etc for verification.

Please take it that I’m very, very happy with this time seeing as I haven’t run* since mid-April

*jogged

1 Like

How did that pan out in pounds shillings and pence (euros) ((roughly the same thing these days)) per minute?

8 min mile I’d say

What the fuck were you doing in KM2 and KM4 FFS sake?!

Well done mate

Just under it you’d be.

Another example of creative accounting from Grant Thornton I’d imagine

8 Likes

Why did you only run 4.8km of the 5km buddy?

That’s what Strava tells me, pal and Strava doesn’t lie

Can you believe those cunts are actually getting people to buy broccoli powder?

Anyone stupid enough to buy broccoli powder deserves to poisoned.

1 Like

Fuckoff!!? There’s money to be made from this supplement lark if you can get up and running with something at all.

One kilo of it is 33 euro :joy:

It’s all about the marketing. No wonder there’s no much money in fitness blogs or youtube channels. With the right endorsements it’s a goldmine.

There’s one review … Following some random plan and hey presto, he has to have broccoli powder …

I’ve been following Kiefer’s Carb Nite Solution system with a view to shedding fat. A problem I have is I’m profoundly hypothyroid, I have no thyroid function at all. What this means in practice is if I do low carb for any period of time longer than a few days then I get drained, exhausted, just daily living seems impossibly tiring. So, I needs me carbs, but I don’t want to take any more than I have to because LC does work for me. I find that a daily measure of broccoli powder will get me up and about. Same with the kale powder, in practice I switch between the two every now and then. So, just that small handful of carbs in a convenient and trackable form makes all the difference, I’ve recovered my energy enough so that normal days aren’t exhausting any more and I’m still well within the Carb Nite limits. Great! :slight_smile: *

Brocoli powder is unreal, I have been using it for the last 6 months

Broccoli powder :joy:

Alkaline water is my favourite though. How about €2k for an alkaliser :grinning:

2 Likes