The Pretend Fitness Thread

This cunt doesn’t even leave the bedsit for a Parkrun mate, like back injuries they’re all in his head.

1 Like

Hmmmmm… karma’s a bitch alright. *

*I wish you well in all other facets of your life.

go hard or go home, that’s my motto. I’m above in Newcastle here now, waiting to slay Sir Mo in the morning

He goes by the name Mohammed now mate

#englands greatest

Did the Rebel Tour today. Well run, great track, fine event. My first and not my last. Wind was crazy though. Came off coming down the Healy Pass the first time. Too fast into a tight turn, thought I could make it but a gust from a tail win sent me over. I was lucky, landed in bog so it broke my fall. Covered in sheep shit but better than hitting hard surface.

6 Likes

Napercise is where its at lads, the cutting edge of fitness

_The frantic nature of modern life means that few of us seem to get enough sleep, and if you’re a parent, a good night’s rest becomes even more of a luxury. So we’re created a new group class - group napping classes for exhausted mums and dads to help boost their mental and physical wellbeing.

Our mid-afternoon studio sleep sessions is 45-minutes long and is designed to reinvigorate the mind, the body and even burn the odd calorie. _

6 Likes

Is there a franchise for sale? Massive idea

4 Likes

Perfect for the lads here who’d sleep on the floor if there was work in the bed

I concur.

Nice 5 mile run in the drizzle this evening.
Running in a bit of rain is lovely.

5 Likes

I have an idea for a new fitness class that is going to make a fortune in Dublin.

A gym exclusively for men with vaginas ?

3 Likes

First bit of exercise in a while today… Did a bit of walking in the pool and then did 20 lengths in 3 x 6 and a quick 2 to finish up… No reaction from the back so swimming is a go!

2 Likes

Launch mate. Don’t waste a second.

Highly recommend this.

1 Like

FlyeFit has that market cornered.

Do you think it is better to work on squats and deadlifts or single leg work for strengthening your lower body for GAA @caoimhaoin ? Or a bit of both?

Run Run Run is the key mate

Everything else is bullshit

Look at Chelsea last year

Its very individual.

Are you hip or knee dominant?
Are you beginner?
Do you have good stability?
Is there mobility issues?
What time of the year is it?
Do you sit for a living?
What is the aim of lifting?
What is the transfer to the field?
Is it for ego?
Is it because thats what most people seem to do?

Back squats are a disaster for most people and should be shelved. Or used with light loads for dynamic lifting and power or jumps. But not heavy.

An officer worker who plays aport recreationally (which i think you do) shouldn’t go near Back squats. Bulgarians, splits (which of course are unilateral) are better options

Deadlifts more so. But you might be tter off doing rack pulls or something instead. Limb length is probably more important here. Tall lads generally need raised starts

There’s a lot in that but I’ll answer what I can. I would class myself as a beginner when it comes to leg workouts. I have squatted many times in the past but not for a significant period of time continuously. I am not very flexible or stable and would find it difficult to go below parallel when squatting with weight. I’d do a good bit of walking around during the course of a day so I think I’m okay in that sense. My aims would be to add some strength, power, stability, speed etc. to my legs during the off season. I don’t really care about getting high numbers in squats or deadlifts if that’s what you’re asking as regards ego.

Go to an S&C Coach so