The Pretend Fitness Thread

How will he know if your man is a shark or not?

@the_man_himself - don’t mind him, plenty of YouTube videos will start you off for free… just need a good mirror so you can see your form.

You can start at home with an old brush handle… Turn sideways to a mirror and slowly squat like you normally would and watch for the point when your back is being pushed forward as you squat down… You’ll see how immobile/inflexible you are and you can use Google and YouTube for some exercises to correct your flexibility… It might be a simple matter of widening your stance a little at the start or perhaps your form is off and your chest/head isn’t locked enough… You can practice with a bench / chair under you also…

Keep your money, mate… We’ll get you there without blowing 2/3k.

1 Like

Thanks mate, although I don’t have a clue whether that is sound advice or not. I did a session there with Bulgarian split squats and lunges with dumbbells and it seemed to be feel alright so I might stick at that for a while anyway with some light-ish squats thrown in sometimes

Don’t mind that mousey cunt. That charlatan has a back like an 80 year old man. He’ll have you in a wheelchair in 6 months.

5 Likes

Get a couple of small bands. Use those for glute activation exercises, hip raises etc and for goblet squats

Weirdo

Was he suggesting that @the_man_himself should be rogering himself with a broom handle in front of a mirror?
That’s about all I took from it. :astonished:

1 Like

What about your eccentric hamstring exercises?

Plain English Kev please

1 Like

There is no real way of dumbing it down. Its the lenghtening of the hamstring under force.

Significant part of running. An absokute must in training, some knee domina t lengthening (Nordics) and hip dominant (RDL)

Standing on a bench trying to touch your toes holding a kettle bell type stuff?

1 Like

No.
Look them up.
I don’t have the time to explain the biomechanics of landing, running, acceleration and deceleration. But thats what you do in sport so thats what you prepare for.

Squats, deads, lunges will do it for guys with good biomechanics. It won’t for most

Youtube will explain it all for you for free bud.

Ah I know sport.

Been working on them for a while

you’d have to take the time to teach cunts to fly first

2 Likes

This is why you get injured.

You are reading chapter 6 of a book and thinking you know the whole story

Youtube is the way to go, mate… these S&C lads are charging big bucks and are best avoided.

I can program for any of ye cunts if ye want. It’ll just cost ya.

1 Like

How long would you need to do a program for to see results and how many days a week would you need to be at it?

Ok. You have 10 mins.

Write me out 1 day of a GPP stage of a gym program for a well trained GAA athlete.

And write me out an in-season day of strength & power for a 18 year old Professional Soccer player with little s&C experience

Depends on the goals, but 4-6 weeks.

The less trained you are the faster the results generally

1 Like