The Pretend Fitness Thread

It’s the ultimate dilemma on a cold wet road into a head wind.

Always the way. I always stick a back one on for the winter but other cunts don’t bother, or worse still get the little arse guard to protect themselves and nobody else

1 Like

Christ. Kudos

Another one in the bag lads

New York is the greatest place of all time

15 Likes

See you Tuesday

2 Likes

2 Likes

Any lads still sleeping without bioceramic-infused sleepwear may as well not be training at all

Cc @Tassotti

2 Likes

I was in jersey gardens there yesterday . They were selling me all sorts of crap. They have tablets for everything here. I bought some and the clarity of thought is unreal that I am experiencing. I bought a suitcase and have filled it with tablets and clothes. I’m on another level. I can only see solutions.

1 Like

There are lads in Ireland so out of their depth they may as well come to work on an inflatable banana.

I just purchased 2 separate rig outs.

Tom Brady endorsed.

1 Like

Weighed in at 91.4kg today. Down from 99.1 in January and 96.5 in early September. Ideally like to get back to 85/86 but we’ll see what happens.

2 Likes

I just done a smashing 5k out of the blue in the park, fastest of the year, “a lovely bit of work” to borrow a horse racing phrase

5 Likes

Our own club at home has no gym. We have a room in community hall which is a decent size to fit in a couple of benches/ free weights and few mats ( any cardio can be done in the hurling field ).

We have a fundraiser coming up so money should be available, how much could it cost to rig it out?
Obviously second hand equipment etc would be used.

You would pick up a sledgehammer for 80 Euro and an old truck tyre for a couple of hundred

Went to the gym today. Had a wonderful time. Had a swim and sauna afterwards. Fucking beats been in the bookies for the day anyway.

I just went for a short jog there, I felt that with preseason starting again soon and with ambulance response times in Limerick it was better to collapse in the city than West Limerick.
It didn’t come to that thankfully. I’ve my sights set on @Bandage’s 5k time now :muscle:

3 Likes

Didn’t know where to post this but its from an interview with John Carroll a 6’ 8 " Dublin lad playing D1 college basketball in the states. A message for us all

“I quit drinking,” Carroll said. “That was a big part of the weight gain. I know. I know how it sounds and I know what you’re thinking, that an athlete shouldn’t be drinking — but I’m an Irish athlete.”

2 Likes

I enjoyed a run for the first time in around 6 months last night. I think I can get back to my best form this summer and break the 25-minute barrier for 5km for the first time since 2016.

5 Likes

Do you only ever run 5k? Same route every time? Would you not vary it up a bit?