The Pretend Fitness Thread

@Bandage you ran two months ago.

1 Like

Unreal. I’ve no recollection of that fantastic time. Maybe because I was so sick.

Your memory must be as bad as Dave Brailsford’s.

1 Like

:eek:

I’d usually be out for anything between 20 and 40 minutes so it usually ranges from 4km-8km when I push myself to what I call championship pace (5 min / km). I use a few different routes for a standard run within those distance ranges but I mix it up with interval runs (maybe 5x1km or 4x1.5km) or fartlek type stuff in the park (maybe a GAA pitch perimeter session involving sprinting the lengths and jogging the ends behind each goal x 12 circuits). This varied routine came from a free programme devised for me by @caoimhaoin back in 2015 and I understand he’s currently working on an updated plan for me.

7 Likes

Ah good. I was under the impression you were doing the same old 5k every time. Would you join a gym and do a few classes, you’d get some benefit out of it.

How much did he charge you for that ? I’d have googled some nonsense and passed it on to you for half of the cost.

The clue is in “free programme”

2 Likes

Oh right.
I thought the “free” bit meant “freestyle” and I had a vision of bandage running along the south quays like a fucktard waving his hands and elbows all over the place like a lad getting a seizure or something.
This is the “science” of S & C remember, anything goes.

oooffft

Just back from a really enjoyable short slow run. Things are coming on very nicely indeed.

1 Like

some serious performances at the John Treacy yesterday

Some lad started talking to me about rugby in the gym locker room this morning. Needless to say, I got out of there pronto.

3 Likes

That must have been a very distressing experience for you.

Was there asexual tension?

2 Likes

He had a big belly and was robed in a towel. It was very intimidating. I was ready to punch him if he tries anything but my arms were very fatigued after my workout.

2 Likes

That never happened

1 Like

You come across as an awful pussy

Did you not hear the rugby stories in the media lately? I was seconds away from getting gang raped.

1 Like

You called me a snowflake this morning…:unamused:

You are a joke