The Pretend Fitness Thread

You are the epitome of a modern day snowflake. The sense of entitlement off you is shocking. It’s your how dare they attitude when people don’t gift a living to you and blaming others for your travails that rubs people up the wrong way.

You need to find some grit and resolve and be more stoic to setbacks. That’s life, you’re always moaning, whinging and blaming others.

Have you responded to the wrong person there fella?

Nope. You are the biggest snowflake, a bubbling mess of a man who can’t understand the concept of having to work for things. Why do you always come on here pointing the blame at others for personal problems?

Ya. Definitely talking to someone else

Nope. You are a whinger who blames everyone but himself because you’re not happy with how you have made it in life and then lash out at people who point this out.

You are a snowflake and you don’t like hearing it.

went under 19 for the 5k at parkrun there, first time in nearly 20 years, unreal feeling, I ran with a smile on my face the whole way and then with half a mile to go opened up my legs and expressed myself

1 Like

Any chance you could throw up a screenshot of the email verifying that time, pal?

there’s absolutely no chance of that mate

4 Likes

You got that right

8 Likes

Got through Adare 10k today. Just about. Had to stop for 30 seconds due to Achilles. Still troubling me from 4 weeks ago. Have no issue running marathon pace or training pace but race pace a struggle. Can power up hills and make ground no problem but when it comes to downhill is when I struggle.Has me a little disappointed. Also I think the marathon training is blunting my pace a bit. But I presume that’s just a given?

4 Likes

Get hold of some Tiger Balm and rub some of it on your achilles before every run. Foam roll the fuck out of your calves and upper legs afterwards. If the rest of your legs are tight, your achilles will take all the stress of it. Go get a sports massage on just your legs too.

And well done!

1 Like

Nah, marathon training and 5k training is very similar. You should be running PBs at all shorter distances off back of marathon training. Id say it’s achilles that is the issue.

1 Like

No they are not. They are very different

1 Like

Okay Kev, you’re an expert on this aswell. Off you go.

11 Likes

:joy:

Well I train people to do both

Amazing, a lad who has never run a 5k or marathon in his life, trains people to do the same. Well I never…

To rape ? :flushed::angry:

Well I did do 5KM’s and 10KM’s.

But it’s a low skill but heavily Energy System based sport so my scientific knowledge helps me program for all sorts.

I get better results and less injuries than many of the Athletic coaches out there who are swamped in personal bias and experience. Not to mention the moronic off the shelf Internet programs that are based on volume alone.

I never did 400M sprinting either. But I coach that.
I never played Hockey and took 50% of the sessions for a season with a Grade 1 team.

I only played 20 odd Aussie Rules games and coached that at Semi-Pro level.

Knowing how to coach and putting it with sound practice will bring you along way. I would certainly be limited in many sports at elite levels where a really really deep understanding may be needed.

But taking a few minutes off a 10KM for a recreational or ordinary club runner is child’s play to me being honest

this is possibly the worst thing i have ever seen on here