The Pretend Fitness Thread

@fenwaypark

Marcus O’Sullivan agreeing with me on OTB right now.

Former great and a coach now

1 Like

a visionary, is he still at Villanova?

Ya still head distance coacj

Great interview with Marcus from a couple weeks ago.

2 Likes

Jesus Marcus is giving @fenwaypark and his ilk an awful pasting for me tonight.

1 Like

you are dealing with lads here who think slashing out 150 miles a week is good for you

1 Like

Iike they are Maasai tribesmen and not desk jockeys

2 Likes

Recording their Kms in a little excel file.

2 Likes

I know i’m going to regret this, but right about what exactly?

So you should. The u14s dont like strong neat coffee

The science of running.

He was doing too much volume and over training and repeating year on year.

He learned about the energy systems and attributes 5 years extra of a career and 100 sub 4’s to that (well the last 40 of them anyway)

You are not comparing like for like though. Training for shorter distances is a world apart from longer distances. Id imagine the likes of Canova, Lydiard , Daniels etc are well versed on the science of running.

Not necessarily. Some athletes haven’t a notion what’s going on. Some do. I cannot talk about those guys specifically.

But you dismissed me for talking about marathon training because I didn’t do one.

The fact is I know more about than the absolute vast majority of people. It’s part of my job too.

But you dismissed all the athletes I have trained based on your own biases.

I did, I would not have a lad training a hurling team who has not played hurling. Out of interest, how many marathon runners have you coached?

9 or 10 off top of my head. Mostly low level recreational. But one extremely high level. World class at his age group.

There are lads out there doing a great job training hurling teams having never played it as it happens.

You are just showing a pile of ignorance and bias

1 Like

Kev, I guarantee you if that lad is world class at his age group, you are not his coach. He might go to you for some supplementary work but you are not his coach. He has an actual running coach for that.

1 Like

No he doesn’t.
He actually never had a coach. Was recreational and decided he was handy at it and kept going.

Did the usual. Volume volume volume.

You haven’t an absolute notion what you absolute re on atbsoluterebout.

And kinda prove alot of what I am saying.

Athletes haven’t the foggiest half the time.

Great example recently comparing Theo Walcott and Sterling. Sterling is becoming the player Walcott could have been because he has been taught about the game. Guardliola puts huge emphasis on that. Different player.

All athletes would improve if they did that

i’m calling bullshit on this kev. pm me his name. if it checks out, i will hold my hands up.

Call bullshit all you want.
I’m not giving you a clients name so you can go chat him down

You are avoiding the real discussion here as you know well I am right.

as i thought.

1 Like