The Pretend Fitness Thread

You have a really unwarranted intellectual snobbery.

It really takes away from what seems away decent fella.

You really cannot handle being wrong

:grinning:

10 Likes

“Handy at it”! You said he was world class!

He got to that you dope.

He started latish recreationally

What do you not get about that?

He started latish recreationally but was world class at his age group?

What age group was that? 60s?

10 Likes

Various

It’s amazing how hard it is for a load of accountants and techers to count😂

Part of Kipchoge’s training plan from Berlin last year. Someone should tell him to cut down on the 100 mile weeks and he might break the 2 hours. http://www.sweatelite.co/eliud-kipchoge-full-training-log-leading-marathon-world-record-attempt/

1 Like

What are you on about. After reading 3 weeks of it he is definitely along the same line of thinking as I am. And you have to do a bit of volume. Nobody is saying you don’t

But anyway, talking about the best guys is very foolish and always in danger of survivorship bias

You stated that it wasn’t entirely true that the top guys were running 100 mile weeks but now you’re saying it’s along the same line of thinking as you.

I’m currently taking the epo for the great Limerick run.

1 Like

Yes that program is way different that what majority of run ers do

Where did I mention 100 mile weeks?

You are only person to mention that

In fairness people who are not Kenyans (including elite athletes) who try to train like Kenyans will get injured.

Lots of top marathon and long distance coaches have differing attitudes. Some emphasize mileage at all costs while some emphasize pace and say you can get by on shorter runs if ran at a higher pace

The runners are as odd as the rugby crowd.

2 Likes

And the best utilise the 2 at various periods.

It’s called layered training or multilateral eastern training or periodization training.

Knowing the athlete themselves is the first things.

And sometimes very simple variety can create a stimulation.

I’m adding 5KM running to my training to go back hurling this year. Traditionally I did alot of interval running and the longest interval might be 3 mins.

The stimulation will be one thing. The development of mitochondria and more resilient Ankle tendons will be a welcome by product

1 Like

Running Nazi’s.

There is a well known female athlete in Cork making an absolute killing from running the shit out of regular people weekly. Catching up now though as people getting injured.

1 Like

The runners seem to be a very unhappy bunch. There is no joy in it. At least the rugby crowd go out and enjoy themselves occasionally.

Sure alot of them are literally running away from things.
I suppose there is worse forms of escapism and it’s a good pursuit of you look after yourself.

But I think for many it’s no different to the gaa administrator getting after way from the wife for many. The obsession with it is bananas sometimes.

I do get though the enjoyment of being a good runner and heading off on a nice day. When I have been in good running nick I did enjoy many of the 6-8KM’s I did.

1 Like

Agreed

I suspect the same.

1 Like