The Pretend Fitness Thread

As I guessed. I’m pretty flat footed so am not a natural at all.

1 Like

my go to racers, timeless classics

1 Like

https://www.google.ie/amp/amp.mynbc5.com/article/vermont-man-sets-world-record-for-barefoot-running/12031637

pardon me? where you live is littered with discarded chicken carcasses?

1 Like

i paid 200 for the asics metarun a year ago, fucking cod of a runner

1 Like

Can definitely be important.

However sometines they over compensate and you throw your hips out of whack over time.

One really simple way to improve foot and ankle function is to walk around in your bare feet as much as possible at home. Over time can have a large effect.
Harder the floor the better

4 Likes

Interesting and informative.

Got myself a lovely pair of Saucony Breakthru 3’s during the week at a snip. I run slightly over pronate and these are a neutral shoe. I like to rotate a neutral lighter pair in my runners . So I don’t become too over reliant. 2 pairs of Asics GT-2000s are my go too shoes though.

As a side note can we open a TFK Strava group?

2 Likes

Same. And I use Salomon speedcross (which are neutral) for the trails

Yes, yes we can!

1 Like

Oireland is fucked

9 Likes

Proper pretend fucked

5 Likes

This seems to be a piece of piss, down to just over 22 mins now for 5k, are many of you running that in under 20?

I ran a 5k in about 22 mins age 45 with just my bike training but you wouldn’t hear me blowing about it.

5 Likes

I’ve been running all my life without timing myself or going in straight lines, I’m just wondering how difficult it would be to go under 20 or about 44 for 10k, you’d need something to aim for

You’re probably a natural athlete. A lot of these pretend runners did fuck all when they were younger and have no muscle memory. I believe yoy have to have a target otherwise it’s a waste of time.

1 Like

There is no such thing as muscle memory.

It’s complete bollix

I ran it second day out recently. Was delighted really as i’m about 80kg now and my football/hurling weight would be 75-76 and boxing was 72-75

I knew that would get you going.

4 Likes

I did a 44 for the adare 10k last year, and I’m an absolute plodder so it’s easily achievable. My first run was nearly three years ago, and was my first in about 15 years. Out the door and did 5k in 23 minutes. It’s keeping that pace for longer distances than 10 that I’d find tricky, but as aforementioned, I was never blessed with pace