The Pretend Fitness Thread

Running is a strange form of exercise for human beings? :smile:

Running 26 miles is

Oh yes, that’s a bit odd alright.

@caulifloweredneanderthal if I was looking for a trail run in North Tipp or East Clare were would be the best spots?

Cratloe Woods or Keeper Hill or the likes?

Keeper hill is a grand one, very well signposted etc and nice views, never too steep, Cratloe can be a pain in the hole, you could run in circles half the day.

Keeper Hill
Moyasta
Toutianna

Affectionately known as the 3 peaks

Cratloe is only chicken feed.

Keeper has a forest road whole way up to top but if you look about you’ll find a number of unofficial mtb trails that are runnable also

1 Like

Very close to 20 minutes for a parkrun today, 5k is a lovely distance

8 Likes

Savage running. You must be close to peak fitness

I started less than six months ago. Should have a bit to give yet

Would your track your heart rate during runs at all?

Of course, why do you ask?

What’s that place across from UL activity centre between Killaloe and Ogonolloe? Would be a good one too.

Gauge of how much more you have to give I’d have thought

Nice running any day of the week

Dunno, can’t I just get fitter and faster, heart rate averaged 157 today, I just turned 44,

1 Like

How often would you go for a run then?

Wpuldn’t really be. If he improves his aerobic capacity and ability to recover his HR will lower also.

If he builds muscular endurance thru strength training and increases mitochondria then he will also improve his efficiency and rely less on his “lings” (that’s not scientifically spot on, but easiest way of explaining)

3 Likes

4 times a week I’d say on average, 5 some weeks probably, I usually go out about 6 am, can’t stand waiting around for the races to start to be honest

Just done 5k in 19 minutes with two guards chasing me around Sligo town. Only started petty crime 6 months ago so I should have a bit more to give.

11 Likes

Fair play. Thinking of starting out myself. Have a gym in work so I’ve no excuse really :sweat_smile: Few treadmills and weights…