The Pretend Fitness Thread

Have you heard that the earth is round mate?

Meep meep.

Obviously a lot of those things are obviously mad and of no use.

The exercises provided are not the best go-to though. Some may form part of the solution but only part.

2 things are re largely at play.

Sedentary lifestyle + people are really too weak for many of the modern weekend warrior races.

So sedentary life has to be attacked 1st. But leading as little a sedentary lifestyle as makes sense (everyone can sense and up every 20 mins, do not care who you are).

Then you have to correct your movement before going on to trying mad stuff.

Physios continue to underprepare people. However their biggest crime is their shitty programs even in terms of presentation. So many of them still scribble out nonsense on a piece of paper. “The physio gave me exercises but I lost the piece of paper” is an extremely common line I hear.
For 50-60 euros per 30 mins people deserve more.

2 Likes

Evidence doesn’t bear that out. Running on road not that much different to running track or on grass Impact wise.

The difference may actually be the person who runs on track or field are at it longer and better prepared.

Do you follow johnny holland on social media?

:grin:

No

Why?

:grinning::grinning:

Just curious. I think youd find it interesting

He is not coming up

He is on instagram. Has been putting up lot of his workout videos over time. Now looking to launch some kind of paid version. He is a qualified nutritionist as well which is what i would find more interesting

Has he some sort of moniker?

Not easy to find.

Is he spelling it Johnny Holland?

Put up a link tgere

Found him. 1 “n”

Standard enough stuff and a bit of a narrow focus on I would guess his own experiences. Well packaged though and nice instructional stuff and good cues too.
Misunderstanding of what some exercises are for

Has some set of hamstrings on him

1 Like

Yeah I wouldnt be qualified to say on the advice he is giving. Nutritional stuff is realistic for most people id say. As you said well packaged and slick enough.

Was his hamstrings caused his early retirement!

Good to see a fella making a career for himself anyway after the injuries. Coaching Con as well

Went to a great podiatrist of late…sorted out my plantar problems…didn’t once suggest orthotics to my delight.

Seemed like the best place to share

Nutritionist means nothing, dietician is the legally protected term

1 Like

You are wrong there.

There is Nutrionist, Nutrition Coach, Dietician, Food Scientists, Sports nutritionists.

A dietician is the only clinician in that group.

They wouldn’t generally be dealin with general public wanting to lose a few pounds. They deal with eating disorders, thyroid problems and the likes.

Send him/her up here asap

1 Like

You won’t need him soon. Reesmogg is going to go down in history as the greatest ever republican hero.

1 Like