The Pretend Fitness Thread

Is nutritionist a legally protected term?

The point I am making is anyone can claim to be a nutritionist whilst not everyone can claim to be a dietician. As evidenced in this link from the Irish nutrionist and dietician institute.

https://www.indi.ie/who-we-are/dietitians-nutrition-experts.html

No nobody should declare themselves a nutritionist if they are not.

When can you decide you are a nutritionist?

This is my whole point for it not being the legally protected term.

2 Likes

I’d consider myself to be in the top 5 nutritionists on TFK.

3 Likes

When you do a recognised qualification and an insurance company insures you

Again this is my issue there are any amount of nutritionist courses…

They do not all get insured though.

There is any amount of any course out there for all trades and professions.

If you are worried about the Kettering at the end of the name then pay the bucks and see how it goes

I’m more worried about the advice that’s doled out.

I can tell you now the letters after a name do not always improve the advice being doled out. As you should well know in your own profession.

In my experience a psychologist with an interest in habits does far better work than any dietician or nutrionist I ever met when it comes to weight loss.

If you have medical dietary conditions then an clinical dietician is the only answer. They may then support/advise someone like myself with a client

1 Like

I think you are obviously a little insecure about lettering after a professionals name, I don’t care.

Reputation is a better way to measure ability.

Psychologists are better with habits? No shit the deal with the mind.

Pleasant speaking with you.

1 Like

Ya and habits are what underpin nutrition and Weightloss or gain

And reputation is certainly not fool proof by any means

Dont know but I checked there and he did a masters in Applied Sports and Exercise Nutrition

Quelle surprise. @gilgamboa creaming himself over the business venture of some retired rubby player.

“Frankie Sheahan’s pendulum summit is the pinnacle of thought leadership events.”

“Brian O’Driscoll’s ultimate rubby app is a brilliant one stop shop for all rubby news and scores.”

“Alan Quinlan delivers a hugely engaging workshop to corporates on building resilience and coping with stress.”

“Shane Byrne seems to have the waste disposal industry figured out.”

When will it ever end?

10 Likes

when all those lads are walking around like gibberish wrecks in their early 50’s from drug abuse and bangs to the head

Most are at that in their 30s

1 Like

Top class pal :joy::joy::joy::joy: you’re back on form. Your target audience will love it

@Bandage was summoned to a meeting on Percy Place Dublin 2, recently where the powers that be told him he needed to up his posting game, new baby or not.

And he has. That post he did reminded me of something the great Roy Curtis would do

1 Like

43 minutes even for the 10k today, fucked at the end though, probably should have taken it easy yesterday. Getting it down to 40 is gonna be very difficult.

6 Likes

Great time for someone 35 plus, 4.20kms, most lads couldn’t do 5ks at that pace.

1 Like