The Pretend Fitness Thread

Just about survived. Did 5.1km in 24:20.

3 Likes

I’m back lads.

Went out for a run late last night and it was invigorating.

Look at the consistency of these splits.

2 Likes

Did you stop in the shop on the way home?

3 Likes

Throw up the times for the run as well

2 Likes

An awful lot of effort for a mere 435 calories - That will barley cover the slice of apple pie or what ever cake he had yesterday evening

2 Likes

I ate some gnocchi at 7.45pm for dinner and for my treat afterwards I had a packet of tayto waffles and a caramel cake bar.

2 Likes

did you wear the new Asics?

Waffles + bar probably came in around 400 cals

1 Like

1 Like

would you get the nipple rash over 5k?

1 Like

@Bandage?

More open question for the forum marathon runners? Would you lads tape the nipples before running a big one?

1 Like

I was tempted to but just stuck a load of Vaseline on. You’d want to shave there first if you are taping

I certainly did.

Welcome back mate. You’ll be smashing the 25 minute mark in no time

that’s horrific

any foot issues doing 5k in new tackies?

I felt my calf bend and I feared it was on the verge of snapping again any time I upped it to 6 minutes / km pace. It’s probably reckless running that quickly in any case.

3 Likes

One of the elites doing the Cape Town 100k trail ultra a few weeks ago arrived from the US but his luggage never came. The day before the race, he bought a pair of shorts and Asics trail runners (he usually wears Nike) and borrowed the rest of the gear for the race. Apparently it’s a bit of a myth that you’ve to break in running shoes these days

I’d have thought those elite lads would have orthotics or shoes made special for them?