The Public Transport Thread

If they don’t let me i was going to bite the bullit as opposed to waiting around for 4+ hours

Ah I get you now. Unless it’s an arrogant prick you’re dealing with they shouldn’t not let you on.

Would you not hang around and take in some of the wonderful attractions of Dublin, chewy?

I may well have to, I was about to disappear out the gap and the cunts up here are after throwing a load of config changes at me.

Will you put me up for the night, fran?

Go to a pub, have easy pints and watch the Tour for the afternoon

No problem, chewy. Let me know your plan before 6 and i’ll pick up a steak for you on the way home.

can i have a go off your girlfriend as well seeing as you are in a generous mood?

:lol: :lol:

you may not be her type though- she isnt into blokes with personalities

You’ll have to ask her that yourself. Try and disguise your roaster’s accent though. She has no time for west coast cattle traders

:lol: :rolleyes:

Is it possible to get a refund for a train ticket if you dont use it?
If you cancelled in advance?

Do the newer train carriages here have plug sockets in them these days?
I know the ones in the UK do

Yeah but not at every seat. The Limerick - Dublin one should have a few in every carriage anyway. Usually the ones at either end near the doors.

It’s the Dublin Cork train these days. Only 2 direct trains a day from Limerick, with the rest being a shitty connecting train to the junction where you swap onto the Cork train. It’s very annoying.

The junction is a funny spot. Manys a time we had a 10 minute stop over where we’d leg it to the pub up the road and stock up on cans for the short journey to Limerick. It’s like the place that time forgot.

If its the Cork train then there should be plenty of sockets. If you’re buying the tickets online before you go they may have a diagram showing you which seats have power points.

Why would anyone take the train nowadays. Driving to Dublin is a much better option.

In general I would agree, but in this situation it is much handier to get the train rather than trying to find over night parking in Dublin city center and driving home Saturday morning very hungover (plus I’m not paying for the train and will get some work done on the way up).

In my experience only students, mental patients and junior civil servants take the train these days. And a few over 65s.

I imagine it will be quite an unpleasant experience for you.

How do you know that Runt isn’t a junior civil servant?

or a mental patient