The Public Transport Thread

That footage of eejits crashing into Luas trams on the news there which was also referenced in the above post was hilarious

If glenshane had ever been to Dublin you’d nearly suspect he was one of them

Could have been glenshane4 or glenshane5, come to think of it

Transdev has issued the following advice for members of the public:

• Stay focused
  • Always look left and right before crossing Luas tracks
  • Slow down coming up to traffic lights
  • Don’t assume the tram is going to be able to stop instantly
  • Familiarise yourself with the tram lines
  • If you see a motorist break a red light, report it to An Garda Síochána

Fuck sake, is this what its come to? Have cunts not been taught this since primary school? Do they not get shown that video with the numbers about crossing the road anymore?

One miserable tramline in the country and Mick the Muldoon can’t deal with it. There’s a general rule when dealing with trams, they’re bigger than you and will fuck you over.

I was on the 31b tonight when we passed my favorite bus stop. “La Vista Avenue - Ascal La Vista”

5 Likes

There isn’t a hope in hell that they will change it.

2 Likes

Correct FG are well and truly fucked if they scrap this they’ll be joining labour in the doldrums for ever more

There should be a 5 euro charge on pensioners at peak time. Auld people going up to Dublin to buy a newspaper and look in the Arnotts bargain basement then taking the seats of hard working commuters.

4 Likes

Remember pensioners were once hard working tax payers. They gave us the Celtic Tiger and everything else that went with it.

There has been censuses every few years. They’re no surprises out there. Unfortunately our politicians can’t read stats. Knee jerk reaction is all that article is.

1 Like

Indeed, in particular the aftermath of it. The housing crisis, pathetic health system, a generation locked out of house ownership, worse conditions for young workers than ever before. I could go on.

2 Likes

Huh?

Some sickening attacks on @Fagan_ODowd here this morning.

2 Likes

Much lower starting incomes versus much higher cost of living. It’s not rocket science.

I was talking about pensioners, not politicians.

Nonsense, what regulations had employers in the 70s and 80s?

Politicians don’t operate independent of voters. We get the policies people vote for. The younger generations take the hit for the mismanagement of the country. They got royally fucked.

Have you any idea what interest rates were in the 70s and early 80s?

1 Like

But the cost of houses was very different in comparison?

The state pays €1bn a year to nursing homes under fair deal.

Consideration should be given to developing a plan to phase out the elderly