The Public Transport Thread

Traffic Counts for Transport Infrastructure Ireland (tii.ie)

basically you have the sane numbers as between collon & ardee

Nawful website for the phone. Send a link to the data for between patrickswell and Blackpool? It only let’s me pick the single points.

Or any point on the road. That figure is completely and utter scutter

1 Like

I’d say 3,000 an hour on the Limerick to Cork road…

1 Like

A lot of people finding the truth hard to take here

2 Likes

The sense of self entitlement is why the planet is burning.

Nobody wants to make the sacrifices we need to make.

1 Like

Spend a million per car a road that will destroy the planet

Odd argument

1 Like

I’d encourage them to listen to this

This is the future for Urban travel

Why does anyone need to go from Limerick to Cork or vise versa anyway? Surely the slaughter houses and rendering plants most these lads work in will be redundant in a few years anyway once cultured meat takes off and the rest working in call centres can work from home.

2 Likes

Millions spent on public transport no where near me too. But I’m not objecting to it

Maybe, just maybe, the fucking planet had this coming? Did you ever stop to consider that?

Show me where billions and have been spent to benefit 3000 people

The planet will be fine pal. It’ll be here long after us.

There’ll be apes digging up fossils of lads in a couple of million years.

Add in the economic benefits of better roads between the 2nd and 3rd largest cities and better connection to forest and ringaskiddy ports

“Traffic accidents four times more likely to be fatal on N20 Cork-Limerick road” Traffic accidents four times more likely to be fatal on N20 Cork-Limerick road

yes, agree, lets look at the accident black spots & improve them

no need to spend €3bn though & there already are motorways connecting the 2nd & 3rd biggest cities in Ireland

Just had a look there at the TII traffic count data.

There is a count done between Ballyhea and Charleville.

ADT (Average Daily Traffic) for 2021 is 8732.

Another one near Rourkes Cross where the ADT is 8557

One between Blarney and Blackpool where the ADT is 17103

Between Croom and the M20, the ADT is 12053

And between Blarney and Mallow the ADT is 14093

2 Likes

yes as i said, its similar to Ardee to Colon, you cant justify 3bn on 3000 cars that make the whole journey or the 8000 that use part of it

Your spoating a 3000 figure with no back up except the claim from a campaiger. What also needs to be considered is the number vehicles that pass through mitchelstown/ballylanders and kildorry/killmallock/bruff between limerick and cork. 2 routes I use to avoid the N20. I would go up through the first one and back down the n20 typically 3 times a week and know plenty of people who swear by it to “avoid that fucking road”

Also each stretch that copper has listed can be listed as bad with multiples of journeys that are not end to end. Mallow to cork is a hairy stretch and very busy. Mallow to buttervant has the most dangerous stretch in the country.

Its laughing at us mate, it needs taking down a peg or two.