The Public Transport Thread

more good news guys

Dublin Commuter Coalition on Twitter: “We have confirmation that the NTA will introduce town bus services in all towns in Ireland with a population of over 10,000, beginning with Carlow town in 2022.” / Twitter

Anytime I see the one in Kilkenny there’s nobody on it

here is €500 euros for yourself @the_man_himself to thank you for everything
@the_man_himself “fuck off the note is crumbled”

2 Likes

This crowd appear to not know their information

There’s 2 towns in Wexford that already have public bus services (albeit 1 is run by a private operator). The NTA are basically trying to create a good news story out of something that already exists.

you are saying that every town in Oireland with a population of over 10k has a bus service?

No mate, I didn’t say that. I’m explaining that their tweet where they say only 7 towns have a bus service is a steaming pile of bullshit

2 Likes

they are experts in the field mate

Over €90 million for upgrade of Dublin-Cork rail line (rte.ie)

ok guys, more good news,

cue @Mac and the gang being pissed off again

1 Like

Experts in misinformation and sensationalism alright

The €94.5 million investment is expected to cut journey times by between 8-10 minutes

This is great news. I’m sure the cynics will say that spending close to 100 million to improve a journey time by 8-10 mins while other rail lines are criminally underfunded isn’t a good thing but not me. I’m definitely not one of those cynics.

2 Likes

yes, its to remove level crossings which will be essential for when the upgrade to a high speed train line happens

Domino oooo’s

When questioned on how they’ll save the time, I believe the Irish Rail spokesperson mentioned they’d devised a gamechanging method of not having the trains stop for 10 mins in Limerick Junction anymore.

3 Likes

answered above mate, maybe if you dropped the cynicism you might see some positivity

There’s fuck all travelling on that as well​:joy::joy::joy:

@Mac is an expert on trains now :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Will you still have to change at the junction?

The train could be half an hour faster between Dublin and Limerick/Cork without them even doing anything. The timetable is basically setup to give them loads of leeway.

You’d often arrive into Heuston Station 20 mins early if it was a late train, because it was the drivers last run of the day. As soon as they cleared Portlaoise they’d open it up ta fuck and it would be way faster than the same section would be going the other way, because they’ve to make stops scheduled for them to have loads of leeway. So they’d be tipping along in no panic.

It’s like Ryanair adding 20 mins onto every flight time so they can arrive “early”.
90+ percent of inter City trains arrive on time in Ireland. So you could look at that and say they are great lads altogether, but the reality is they are just setting themselves very handy targets

The train from Cork to Dublin is slower now than it was in 1970s by twenty mins (at least this was true a few years back anyway).

3 Likes