The Public Transport Thread

They really should be thinking about extending this out towards Terenure, Templeogue and Rathfarnham. That area is only served by buses and those buses cannot handle the capacity at peak times.

2 Likes

Raheen to Castletroy is well over 2 hours walk mate.

Think the southsiders have already objected to this

Did the South Westsiders?

So upgrade the tracks, it needs to be done anyway. A fraction of the price. Or just build an overland rail, mixed in with a bit of underground.
There’s no need to dig a big fuck off hole in the ground, in a city that is not very built up.
The line could also join at Ashtown crossing very little developed area

How many cities of Limerick’s size have modern tram lines in fairness?

1 Like

Its been upgraded for dart north

Posts picture of actual horse on Luas in Dublin, to make fun of imaginary horse on Luas in Limerick.

Serious burn there mate

the tallaght incident was a one off. sure the poor horses arent allowed on the motorway in limerick

Thats being looked at

The population of the country is around 5m, so for 10bn, and it will end up way more, it’s costing each of us €2k.
There’s 200k people living in Limerick county, not including the wider Clare/Tipp region.

That’s €400m. We’d get a nice Luas for that. City growing rapidly. Connect it to Shannon. They could scrap that absolutely delusional commuter train plan they have then. Win, win, win

You are on fire with the zingers today

You are proposing spending millions to take people from the airport to clongriffin to town, this will take longer than getting a coach into town from.the airport

1 Like

@Little_Lord_Fauntleroy you don’t seem to be on top of your brief at all today

i seem to have hit a sore spot for you julio. i wish you every success in your campaign to get equestrian public transport for limerick

25 mins to clongriffin.perhaps then another 20 into town

How frequent could darts from the airport run considering its joining a busy line as opposed to a metro every few minutes

Oh you don’t like the facts so you’ll change them? I didn’t realise that was an option.

Thats not a fact mate, i dont believe with dart north in place that you could get from the airport to clongriffin to connolly in 25 mins. It takes approx 25 mins from clongriffin alone