The Public Transport Thread

1 Like

agreed

They need somebody more respected than a teacher espousing this message.

1 Like

nobody us more respected in oirish society than a teacher mate

Need some popular bogball guys to ditch the sponsored cars and take up active travel

A lad living in Ashtown thinks there should a bus direct to Inchicore. Presumably just for himself.

ok guys

its really happening

Irish Rail unveils redesign to Howth Junction in Dart+ Coastal North plans | Independent.ie

DART+ DART+ Coastal North Preferred Option (dartplus.ie)

2 Likes

A SF td?

I often cycled it through the park; about 10 - 15 minutes or thereabouts

2 Likes

Proposed map of Dublin transport by 2042, this incorporates all of the current projects plus a suggestion of building a spur from DART Coast North across East Wall and into the new Spencer Dock station in order to free further capacity up at Connolly and someone imagine that the Metro will go west to Tallaght (it won’t)

4 Likes

Looks good; would Metro style seating not give a greater capacity i.e. couch style seating with back to the windows?

Is Metrolink slated to serve Rathgar/Terenure/Templeogue direction?

Yes, maybe they expect the increased capacity will mean the trains can handle the volume

Options being considered but it will likely just end up going with the original plan along the Green south.

Is poolbeg a link to the port?

I believe so. As part of Dublin Port’s latest master plan they have space for a bridge connecting to Poolbeg.

1 Like

Really could do with something to serve the area from Rathfarnham into Kimmage; the buses are just too slow and often full at peak time by the time they get to the canal

2 Likes

Oh dear. Sure lettuce Eamon is against the plan.

I’d like to see the Red Line become a full circle like of the city linking Poolbeg to Heuston north and south of the city. In that instance a spur LUAS line south west could link in.

Metro going to Sandyford makes the most sense.

2 Likes