The Public Transport Thread

Did lettuce head turn the switch off again??

They did this before at Kishoge in Clondalkin, built a station in anticipation of houses being constructed, and the place is lying bone idle over a decade later

Yes hence why I said into action.

Due to the crash, the SDZ there didn’t go ahead.

Congrats Corkies

https://twitter.com/CorkGreens/status/1721824507298533740

3 Likes

Explain?

Great news, is there any flood protection build into this plan? A lot of that line does run along side the river

Great to see the incremental gains,

Focus needs to be on that as much as the mega projects.

When are they expecting shovels in the ground?

before the end of this Government

That’s the kind of project deadline I can’t see being missed/delayed/deferred - well done

1 Like

https://twitter.com/RailUsersIe/status/1722912819446743245?t=Z9skIpEaAoIHzdANP3kUug&s=19

2 Likes
2 Likes

Great news for the project, sooner we have it functional the better. My only reservation is jobs for the boys

1 Like

By adding a station to an existing dart line, is this their new definition of Dart+?

nope, its meeting the demand for a new station in a population cluster

why do you hate good public transport news

2 Likes

Where is the station exactly?
There’s nothing but a golf club between Bray and Shankill.

1 Like

4_-_key_sites_framework_strategy.pdf (dlrcoco.ie)

1400 dwellings being built

1 Like

He’s getting worried that the level crossing he saves 30 seconds with in the morning is moving closer to closure.

1 Like

Its a pity Irish Rail didn’t use this station as an opportunity for a proper Park & Ride Service for M11 Commuters. The station at Shankhill doesn’t have enough spaces and adds unnecessary traffic volumes into a small village. And the Bray station is too far away from the M11 to be practical and the town already has enough traffic. Hopefully Irish Rail can factor this into their future plans for the new station somehow rather than just building it for a small population cluster. It’ll likely be the closest station on the entire Dart line to the M11

1 Like