The Public Transport Thread

[quote=“BenShermin”]Get pished in the Harbo one evening and rob a JCB and dig up the tracks, that should do it:thumbsup:.

Your post just shows what a waste this extention is Tinnion. Majority of people in the IFSC will be more worried about car access than the frequency of trams, the minority can easily do what they’ve always done, walk to Connolly or Busaras for trams, trains and buses, or get the 151 bus from Sheriff Street.[/quote]

If this city had decent public transport I would use it to get to work but as the system is a joke I can’t be bothered.

I live in Dublin 6, roughly three miles from where I work. I can get the LUAS to work if I walk 10 mins from my house to the LUAS and then 25 mins from St. Stephen’s Green to the office, all in it takes roughly 50 mins. I can also get the bus which is more convenient, it only takes about 30 mins door to door but that only goes every 30/40 mins and I never have a clue what time it is going to go at in the morning so the journey will normally take an hour on a good day. The most annoying thing is that the bus service (48A) was superb until the green LUAS line opened and they cut 40% of the services. Should they not be giving people more options rather than cutting back? It’s all a bloody joke, thank f**k I don’t have to rely on public transport. Rant over.

Sort it out please Ben.

Would the 128 bus be of any use to you? Passes right by Connolly Station and goes to Rathmines.,very frequent bus. Might be a bit of a walk from where you live though.

The final traffic management set up for the email below is now in place. The cars are obeying the signs and markings so far. However, RPA and its contractor noticed that the pedestrians and cyclists are not obeying the banks men put in place to guide the pedestrians safely across.

We would like to point out that we are not taking on responsibility for accidents if people don’t obey to banks men, signage or lights and if people don’t cross at designated pedestrian crossings.

The attached document has a full section on pedestrian, car and cyclists safety. Cyclists are legally classified as road users and as such are subject to the existing traffic regulations including signs and road markings therefore permanent cyclist access to Mayor St Lower is via Common St as per map of traffic movements attached.

Over the coming weeks, there will be more tram movements coming along Mayor Street during the testing phase and we would ask that people study the map and rules to prepare their journey and arrive safe.
Thank you all for the co-operation

From tomorrow morning the traffic flow on Mayor Street Lower between Amiens Street and Commons Street will become permanent.
This means that the access from Mayor Street Lower to Amiens Street will be closed permanently. From this moment on, the access through the Amiens Street Junction will be for trams only. Please find attached the last update which has all the traffic flow details along the new Luas Line C1. It will allow people to prepare their journey in the area. Below paragraph describes this part of the route in further detail.

Between Amiens Street and Commons Street
This area will be twoway shared running trams and road vehicles share the same traffic lane.
Access from Amiens Street to Mayor Street Lower will only be via Commons Street.
Access for road vehicles directly from Amiens Street to Mayor Street Lower will not be permitted.
To provide for the requirements of all road users including tram and road vehicle movements and pedestrians, new traffic lights will be in operation on Mayor Street Lower at the junctions with Commons Street.

[FONT=Courier][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier][SIZE=2]Luas Docklands will be opening before Christmas! The construction team has been working tirelessly to make all aspects of civil and electro-mechanical works come together. Over the last week another milestone was reached when the Line C1 systems were merged with the existing Red Line. This means that the Docklands Line has now become part of the existing Red Line. A new zone layout will come into use when the trams are operational. We have finalised the fares and timetables. It is anticipated that 2 out of every 3 trams will be going directly from Tallaght to the Point.

The zone layout, the timetable and the new Luas fare structure have been finalised and are outlined in the attached document. The trams will start running a test schedule next week. As we are reaching the final stages of the tests, it is important to be able to reach that milestone and open the line for public use. However, RPA regrets that after informing the stakeholders in the area on several occasions this week, people still parked on the tracks and interrupted the tram testing schedule.

In order to keep on schedule and avoid further cost implications, RPA and Luas operator Veolia Transport Ireland Ltd regrettably, have no option but to have a tow truck on standby so that offenders can be towed away .

We would like to thank everyone for their co-operation and hope to welcome you on board soon
[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

Christ Sledge sort out those fonts - my eyes haven’t a clue what the hell is going on.

I do my own thing :pint:

Northern Commuter will be back working on Monday.
Initially they said it would take a year but I just had a quick word and got this for November.

Yours etc,
GSH.

Tallaght to the Point. Scary.

It would be handy if you finished work and wanted to head straight to show at the point.

Luas should be going all the way to terminal one at Dublin Port.

The Northern/Belfast line opening up will be an intresting one. I managed to get a 33X from Customs House Quay to Rush in just over 22 minutes, this was at 1700hrs the height of the rush hour in school term a few weeks ago. I’m pretty sure the trains take longer and they definately don’t go along the main road and pass just outside most of the main housing estates in the area.

I don’t know if people will be happy to go back to slower trains, that don’t bring them direct to their housing estate, and don’t offer the level of comfort available on the bus ie. an actual seat as opposed to being squashed into a door window standing on the train.

Jerry Lee married his 13 year old cousin.

:eek:Fooking pikey!

[quote=“BenShermin”]Luas should be going all the way to terminal one at Dublin Port.

The Northern/Belfast line opening up will be an intresting one. I managed to get a 33X from Customs House Quay to Rush in just over 22 minutes, this was at 1700hrs the height of the rush hour in school term a few weeks ago. I’m pretty sure the trains take longer and they definately don’t go along the main road and pass just outside most of the main housing estates in the area.

I don’t know if people will be happy to go back to slower trains, that don’t bring them direct to their housing estate, and don’t offer the level of comfort available on the bus ie. an actual seat as opposed to being squashed into a door window standing on the train.[/quote]
The early trains from Ashtown to Connolly/Pearse leave me squashed against a window every day. I’ve gotten to the stage where I contemplate pushing people on to the track. It extends to a desire to punch anyone walking by me in town. What should I do Ben? The fate of the Dublin train-taking public/pedestrians is in your hands…

:eek: I never knew it was possible for somebody to actually fit on those commuter trains past Castleknock Station in the mornings. Does I hire Japs to push people onto the trains at Ashtown?

Do you work around the IFSC Woody? It might be worth getting one of the services that goes direct to Docklands Station, I’ve heard they don’t get as busy.

[quote=“BenShermin”]:eek: I never knew it was possible for somebody to actually fit on those commuter trains past Castleknock Station in the mornings. Does I hire Japs to push people onto the trains at Ashtown?

Do you work around the IFSC Woody? It might be worth getting one of the services that goes direct to Docklands Station, I’ve heard they don’t get as busy.[/quote]

I longingly gaze at the docklands service as it passes by. It even has free seats on it some mornings. Unfortunately it’s no use to me as I’d be heading over towards Aungier St.

I’ve never seen any japs but I did see a girl get on one without her feet touching the floor of the train one morning. She was just kind of floating there, held up by all the other bodies. It was pretty mad looking.

Tuesday February 02 2010

GARDAI were hunting a man last night who fled from his car following a head-on crash with a bus which left one person injured.

The crash, involving a 78A double-decker bus and a black BMW car, happened on the Neilstown Road, near Finches Pub, in Clondalkin, Co Dublin, shortly after 7pm.

There were seven people and the driver on the Dublin Bus vehicle when the incident happened. One man was taken to hospital with minor injuries.

A Dublin Bus spokesperson later said there was “significant damage” to the right side of the bus. The bus was travelling from Aston Quay to the Liffey Valley shopping centre.

Passengers on the bus were said to have been shaken by the incident.

The car was travelling on the Neilstown Road when it appeared to lose control, hit a kerb and mount a grass verge before crashing into the front, right-hand side of the bus.

The car sustained extensive damage to the front while the front-side doors of the bus were forced in by the impact. Shattered glass from the the car was strewn over the road.

Both vehicles were later towed away. Gardai later said they were following a definite line of enquiry.

Irish Independent

Is this the Bus that Ben loves?

I was checking back through this thread to see if it was mentioned and there is a wonderful few of pages of banter from Pg4 on.

I love the point of the article in which it says passengers were shaken by the incident. Most of them would be so stoned that they probably didn’t even realise the bus has a car smashed into the side.

The crash, involving a 78A double-decker bus and a black BMW car, happened on the Neilstown Road, near Finches Pub, in Clondalkin, Co Dublin, shortly after 7pm.

Finches just isn’t the same since it was knocked down and rebuilt. I miss the wire mesh and metal bars over the windows.

I don’t actually know if there’s actually any windows on Finches anymore.

The subway sucks bro.