The Public Transport Thread

https://twitter.com/micheallehane/status/1746944749351666014?s=46&t=hy6wc4bLZMiyfotc20UniQ

1 Like

A few go cars in each new build

Be grand once you don’t need the car after the last bus or before the first bus.

1 Like

If the government want to house migrants in places with poor transport links, why shouldn’t they do the same for their own citizens.

Time for an infraction for @MountLeinster - lying on the internet - tut tut

Brian Leddin on X: “190k views on this platform before the truth got its boots on. No doubt we’ll be hearing this as a trope against electric buses (and the Greens) for some time to come. The journalist could have checked with @Buseireann before tweeting. https://t.co/xJ42w7zxjH” / X (twitter.com)

Did Mr Mysogyny WhatsApp that😀

It clearly says it’s a diesel generator on the door.

Its run on green diesel. It must be environmentally friendly and lawful

A diesel engine could burn Vegetable oil no bother. Especially in something as simple as a generator

Run on green diesel for the purpose of training

Buses will be run on electricity

1 Like

I’ve worked on those generators. They’re worth more that your house. You just don’t put any kind of sh1t into them.

They’re so expensive that people normally rent them in fairness. Have they still that smelly one below in the Gaelic Grounds?

Do you think I came down in the last shower. Green diesel is the exact same as red diesel except it has a green colour added. Green diesel is for agricultural use only. A tax break for farmers. I doubt Bus Éireann can use it.

Apolgies, biofuel

Anyway, the realitu is, these buses will be run on electricity

Hard to tell.

3 Likes

BTW the public transport in Galway is a fcuking joke. To the point of scandalous. No bus stops on the main western corridor. No shelters, no signs, buses running at least half an hour late, and arriving 45 mins late (the two or three that are due to get into Galway at 0830, so useless and I mean useless for anyone commuting to work or school or college). No bus lane. NADA. Brutal.

yes, Galway needs light rail, galway politicians want a ring road

2 Likes

Some joke.
I posted about this before. They built a big industrial estate at the back of the racecourse with no proper road, not to mind a bus lane in or out of it.

The brothers place starts at 6:30am now to avoid the traffic.

1 Like

They need both mate.

Two mile ditch about sums it up.
They don’t even need a light rail. A dedicated electric bus corridor would do fine.

1 Like