The Public Transport Thread

Which ones? This is just a sound bite.

Pretty much everything apart from Dunne’s, Tesco and Teddy’s. SuperValu will be dead and I’d. Imagine Dunne’s will go when the lease ends

There’s fuck all else in DL as it is.

Madness is trying the same thing over and over…

1 Like

Nimby art, always on the wrong side

Could you not have turf fire going in the middle of the EV bus on cold days?

1 Like

Sure isn’t that the whole point of a pilot project. Find the problems and come up with solutions.

It took 11 EV buses to replace the previous 6 diesel they had in place in Athlone

Somebody did well​:grin::grin:
Make It Rain Money GIF

1 Like

That’s just it.

1 Like

I was terrible traffic this morning. Going back on the Dart from here on in.

3 Likes

Iarnród Éireann Looking To Improve Capacity And Resilience Of Ennis To Limerick Rail Service - Clare FM

Brian Leddin on X: “The process to deliver a new train station at Ballysimon is underway now. For what it’s worth, I think there should probably be two new stations on the Limerick Junction line - one near the new development projects and one further out for Park & Ride. https://t.co/CoUfu2dsIP” / X (twitter.com)

Where’s the station going to go in Ballysimon? That area badly needs better transport options with all the schools and developments going on.

consultants in to decide?

Developing land for people to park their cages on? He slipped up there

:astonished:

Will be interesting to see where they put it. Ballysimon is pretty big length of track but I’d be thinking they would need to have it as close as possible to the new schools, northern trust etc

You’d imagine the optimum place on that line would be at the back of United Metal or Delta. Would be handy for Ros Mór and the other estates out the Old Cork Road as well.

That line still kind of runs at the back of everything rather than through it like you’d like, but it’s better at least then the big godforsaken loop through nowhere the line takes to get to Castleconnell - it’s probably the most impressive avoidance of urban areas by a railway line in the world.

2 Likes

but what have the Greens ever done for us

daily leap cards capped at €6

New Year New Maoimhín🇵🇸 on X: “The daily Leap Card Cap is being reduced to €6 per day. Meaning Dublin will be one of the cheapest cities in Europe for a days worth of public transport use on bus, tram and trains” / X (twitter.com)

@padjo - any idea what cheapest in europe means??

4 Likes