The Public Transport Thread

Boom.

DART to Dublin Airport would take five years to build (rte.ie)

1 Like

Contactless payment delays?

Quick look over there!

1 Like

What? You didnt get what we promised you? Well… how would you like a different promise?

1 Like

https://x.com/geraldnash/status/1750128060114882635?s=20

Huge

This seems to get thrown around once a year.

Duncan Smith fairly flattened the SF dude tbh but its worrying that an elected representative is so iĺl informed

Worrying that SF are bringing it up.

They’ll look to nix it for their own plan and to save dosh to spend on more welfare.

There isn’t a delay in contactless.

They’ve always been clear that it would take a few years.

The National Transport Authority (NTA) has commenced a tendering process for the new system.

Previously, the NTA had estimated that the contactless payment system would be in place by 2027, but it now says that the end of 2023 or 2024 is a “likely timeline”.

Great source.

The timeline was 2027. Nothing really has changed. If it happens before then, that’s great.

1 Like

Nothing changed - story of Irish public transport. Except 2 years ago they said system would be in place by 2024

Why do you hate good news

It’s PR fluff - I’d love to see the stats on people that make more than 3 journeys a day that this cap would benefit.

No they didn’t. You’re quoted a piece from a fan site.

Contactless might come earlier on something like Dublin Bus, but it’ll be a bit of time after before you can get the Leap Card style cross payment for travel 90 etc.

Here you go pal. I don’t see how the technology is years away when it’s already in the likes of London and elsewhere

Would you ever take the bus or the train?

I would yeah

Often?

Couple of times a week but I’ll be an active traveler once the weather improves. Impossible to get a seat on morning train - but that’ll be sorted when Dart + is delivered***

4 Likes