The Public Transport Thread

I’m sure our transport guru will be along soon with stats for my request above.

They wouldn’t be included (obviously).

The numbers not paying wouldn’t be significant. RPO works fairly well on the Luas.

Anti social behaviour more broadly is an issue because of the crap a small % can cause. Pareto principle.

What are you on about?

Why would they not be?

Because it’s based on tickets and leap card use.

Leakage wouldn’t be that high on the Luas. I’d say Irish Rail is worse.

Would those tickets include the free pass ones , as if they’re booking online there’s a booking fee I believe.

There’s a calc of free travel scheme

Scangers not paying for the Luas isn’t included

Limerick to Dublin direct is actually a better service. Newer trains and better wifi.

But sure I suppose who’d be going to Limerick on business only whores, hitmen and drug dealers

3 Likes

Again, what are you on about?

In my time on this earth (which is considerable and growing) i would say that about 300 meters of bus lane has been added to the main artery into the city from Merlin Park in to Eyre Square. The City has grown substantially in that time. Traffic has mirrored that. Cars are the dominant and only show in town. It’s destroying the town.

1 Like

Bring back drinking on trains and youll get plenty more

Contactless digital payments for Dublin Bus by end of 2023 — Dublin Public Transport - Maps, Timetables and Information

https://www.instagram.com/p/C2P7YClszY5/?igsh=dm5nYm5lbmc1ZjE2

Nothing new there in that “story”. Perhaps news to the Lovin Dublin demographic, I guess.

Useless cunts. Very handy in London last time I was there

Did shane ross do anything for transport

1 Like

It’s going to be a cluster fuck when it goes through and kill the town as a shopping destination.

Dún Laoghaire hasn’t been a shopping destination in 20 years, more really.

The top floor of the shopping centre is more of a medical facility than anything else these days.

1 Like

Yes, but this will be the death knell for a lot of businesses