The Public Transport Thread

They pulled down the wires mate. That’s infrastructure. Meanwhile my dog hasn’t got her walk this morning because of you and sleepy Eamon.

sounds like a win for active travel

Lads can we keep local North side issues worthy of the Fingal Gazette to the appropriate thread.

1 Like

That’s a Labour issue, the party of people who won’t get out of bed in the morning.

Does less congestion encourage people to drive more?

I’d say if there was reliable public transport, going to places people needed to get to they would happily use it.

Congestion charges are ultimately needed though.

Where there are roads, people will fill them. No matter the PT.

Want Green/Vote Green

I’ve seen Brian Leddin trumpting the re-laying of the Limerick to Foynes line as a major triumph.
@Little_Lord_Fauntleroy what exactly are they planning to transport on it? It strikes me as potentially a major white elephant, that has only been done to enable the Greens to say they reopened the rail line.
It would obviously be great for the region if it does end up driving more traffic to Foynes, but I’d be very dubious. Perhaps it will have merit as a commuter service to Adare down the line, but that sounds like it’s a long way off.

Yes, but what freight is it going to carry? I’m wondering what the business case was to reopen it for freight.

I understand it’s something to do with EU T-Ten funding, but will it actually carry any freight? Surely there’s some potential customers of the port who were pushing for it?

Better than converting it into a bike track though.

I used it as a dog walking track

greens favour rail

Isn’t the plan to take the pressure off Dublin port and service the western rail corridor?

Look mate, theres a chance that giant infrastructure plan might fuck with the dog of a tipp/limerick half and half wearer’s walks so we’re gonna have to go back to the drawing board.

As i said, it would be great if it works. I’m just curious as to what the business case was for reopening it or is it just a wait and see approach.

Ireland isn’t that big, I’m trying to think of industries where it will make sense to load goods onto trains in Foynes, remove them at the destination station and then presumably still put them on a truck for the final leg of the journey.

There’s a reason the line was closed. I’m wondering what’s changed to make the investment viable.

The Ryder Cup.

All that sweet sweet zinc.

My mate is in charge of building it I’ll ask him and get back to you.