The Public Transport Thread

Fair chance he’ll have it finished before the Children’s Hospital

6 Likes

That project is going over budget but the vast majority of public infrastructure does.

I’d have thought it is good. He comes from another Anglospheric legal and planning country. We can all think that getting someone from Spain who built one cheaper is better but not directly transferable.

Bringing in some good experience. You’d hope he’d be mentoring people in Ireland after that who can stay and work on the 1 or 2 public transport mega projects we need per decade.

2 Likes

550k a year salary.

Sure anyone could build a metro

Very little extra services been put on by our public transport providers to cope with the extra million people expected in the capital this weekend for:
Taylor Swift x 3
Trinity concerts
Longitude
Shania Twain
Flavours of Fingal
Pride
4 GAA football quarter finals
Pats v Bohs / Shels v Galway Utd

A lot will have finished by the time these events have ended.

2 Likes

Gig in Fairview park too. Thankfully bus route from ny place on south goes all the way there and back for it. Hoping they add extra buses tho as going to be some sight of people looking for modes of transport

A proper country would add extra capacity and timetable extension.

We cry about taxi shortages.

I think I’ll head home straight from Croke Park and not visit any cathedrals.

1 Like

And Trinity

Parking for the influx of private owned public transport vehicles to these events is an absolute jokeshop.

Eamon Eamon Eamon

Plans for next Dublin Luas line submitted for Government approval – The Irish Times

1 Like

I’d say getting a taxi in Dublin this weekend would be some penance

Once Metrolink and DART+ are approved, we need to get on with rolling extensions of the Luas.

I personally think we should be linking Thomas Street and College Green now and not waiting for Lucan Luas or a DART connector.

Also the Green and Red Lines should be handle more than one route for each.

2 Likes

https://www.rte.ie/news/2024/0630/1457335-dublin-traffic-plan/

Postponement incoming

the Councilors voted in favour of this as did the public consultation - not sure why Higgins is fighting on behalf of the car parks here against the will of the people

The thick plottens

2 Likes

1 Like

Transport plan for Dublin city centre should go ahead, insists Ryan | Morning Ireland - RTÉ Radio 1 (rte.ie)

2 Likes

1 Like

brilliant news

Great job by the NTA

1 Like