The Racism thread

I live in Fingal. Don’t you dare take that line with me.

No, I don’t prescribe what they should or shouldn’t stand for. I merely think you shouldn’t either. But your complex means you think you should get to decide what they do. I’m sure you can change their minds if you sign up.

1 Like

A very weird equivalence to bring to that particular argument

Zip it screwball

3 Likes

I found it a humorous nod to an absolutely mind boggling argument on another thread.

1 Like

Surely you meant cueball?

This covid related delay in shipping of your new bride is really affecting your form

2 Likes

I’ve stayed out of some of the crazier threads of late. If so it may well be a good joke

I don’t have a “complex”, and am entitled to an opinion on BLM as much as you are, actually more entitled as unlike you I am impacted by their actions. I don’t decide what BLM do, but I do have the right to criticize them.

It’s actually quite simple, but your ideology won’t allow you accept the obvious. A sizable majority of Americans, myself included, support the cause of racial justice and agree that police forces need to be reformed. That does not mean they support rioting and looting, destroying private property (much of it minority owned) and murdering cops. If BLM were against violent protest, they would speak out against it, they haven’t so one has to assume by their silence they support it.

It’s because he wants to avoid the actual controversial issue of biological men running in womens’ races.

1 Like

White privilege alert

1 Like

Does that apply universally? Can I assume you support everything you have not spoken out against?

The violent protests including destruction of private property and murders have happened during BLM protests. I am not saying the leaders are responsible for the actions of all who protest under their cause, but in my opinion they have a moral obligation to condemn the violence.

Basically you’re excuse is a cop out.

What is my excuse? I haven’t made an excuse for anything.

I don’t think you should decide what BLM should stand for or campaign on. It is quite clearly not your place to decide. And it’s remarkably conceited behaviour to think that you are in any sort of position to tell the leaders of BLM what they should campaign on and what they should comment on. This is a laughably transparent example of the sort of privileged assumed authority that BLM are in fact campaigning against.

4 Likes

Your excuse for BLM not speaking out against violence is that others do not speak out on other issues they don’t support. Which is a cop out. The leaders of any organization have a moral obligation to speak to the behavior of people supporting their cause. The reality is of course that many of the leaders of BLM support violent protest.

If Celtic supporters were chanting racist slogans, does the club have an obligation to speak out against it? If they were damaging private property after games does the club have an obligation to speak out against it?

“Privileged assumed authority”, would you listen to yourself :joy: Are members of the black community who are speaking out against BLM violence members of the “privileged assumed authority” group as well? You’re such a rebel.

3 Likes

Oh dear. Why are the right wingers using all these red herring comparisons today? Imagine the lack of awareness that anyone must have to think, even for one split second, “I know what would be a good equivalent for the Black Lives Matter movement. What about Celtic FC? Don’t they have supporters too? They must be the same.”

Do you see no difference between you dictating to BLM what they should and shouldn’t say versus members of the black community doing so? I don’t think you quite understand the nature of your privilege.

Fully agreed…The racist system that has engineered ghettos full of drugs and dreadful socio-economic problems is the same that’s linked to the upholders of law and order murdering black men. Well said pal…the oppressive system that stretches back 400 years needs to be smashed or the majority of black people will continue to be the underclass in American society for a corrupt racist system to wipe it’s feet on.

2 Likes

Except I’m not dictating to BLM, I’m giving my opinion on BLM. They are free to say or do what they like, and I am free to express my opinion on it. My opinion on BLM violence is no different to the great majority of Americans, regardless of race. Not alone do I feel it is unjustified, I also think it is counterproductive, as it will ultimately lose support for what is a worthy cause.

Sorry, I don’t buy into the whole white privilege nonsense. Are some white people privileged in the US? absolutely, those who come from wealth. There is nothing privileged about poor white people, poor Hispanics or poor Asians, no more than poor blacks. I came from a relatively poor background and anything I have achieved in life was done by making good choices, with very little help from anyone other than supportive parents. Should I, an Irish born person, feel guilt for slavery in the US?

In short, I feel zero responsibility for things that were done before I was born, but I do think people are responsible for what they do today (stolen from Thomas Sewell).

4 Likes

Asking for a response from BLM is now dictating what they say? Amazing how terrified of debate the woke morons are.

1 Like

Asking for a response from BLM on TFK is a touch futile mate. They don’t log on here very often any more.

A standard response here is “you are not allowed to question us”, as questioning is an expression of your white privilege. Interestingly I haven’t heard one black person say that, only white people. Guilty white people, most of whom are useless cunts, lecturing other white people on white privilege.

You couldn’t make it up.

1 Like

Sure aren’t you doing a wonderful job speaking on their behalf.